Review: Leviathan - At Long Last, Progress Stopped To Follow

Hier seht ihr Neuigkeiten rund um die Sacred Metal-Page

Re: Review: Leviathan - At Long Last, Progress Stopped To Fo

Beitragvon Ulle » 3. September 2011, 02:40

Doesn't matter to me. I love the first EP, I love DSB and also like the new album though it's not what some people would call easy listening music. If everything always turns out as it was pretended to be it would maybe become predictable in a certain way. And maybe there would be no Artizan...and this would be very sad :)
Expect the unexpected ;)
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon rapanzel » 3. September 2011, 10:43

Ulle hat geschrieben:Doesn't matter to me. I love the first EP, I love DSB and also like the new album though it's not what some people would call easy listening music. If everything always turns out as it was pretended to be it would maybe become predictable in a certain way. And maybe there would be no Artizan...and this would be very sad :)
Expect the unexpected ;)

:yeah:
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon ARTIZAN » 3. September 2011, 15:31

Ulle hat geschrieben:Doesn't matter to me. I love the first EP, I love DSB and also like the new album though it's not what some people would call easy listening music. If everything always turns out as it was pretended to be it would maybe become predictable in a certain way. And maybe there would be no Artizan...and this would be very sad :)
Expect the unexpected ;)

You've missed my entire point. Enjoy what you enjoy.
ARTIZAN
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon Ulle » 3. September 2011, 17:35

ARTIZAN hat geschrieben:
Expect the unexpected ;)

You've missed my entire point. Enjoy what you enjoy.

No, I understand what you want to say. :smile2:
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Prof » 5. September 2011, 17:34

I remember clearly how impressed I was when, back in the day, the Leviathan-EP came out (I've got the one with the black cover and logo in silver). What came after, went in a different direction altogether, sure. That's why 'Curse of the Artizan', to me, is the logical - and long overdue - follow-up to 'Leviathan'. Braden's versatile voice, Tammeus' trademark 'less-is-more' precision drumming, the compositions/melodies, the overall atmosphere and sound - it all makes for a most pleasant flashback.
Stylistically, planets lie between Leviathan and Artizan. But both bands have their merits, it's never an 'either-or' question for me. Having said that, 'At long last,...' is perhaps the more daring work, whilst I would certainly classify 'Curse of the Artizan' as the more rounded-out album.
Although the guitar work on both discs is failsafe, one cannot help, for nostalgic reasons, wondering how the albums would have sounded if Ron Skeen had contributed his songwriting and playing skills. Anyhow, whichever way you look at it, he seems to fit the Artizan mould far more than the Leviathan-resurrected-incarnation. All speculation on my part, of course. :smile2:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon ARTIZAN » 5. September 2011, 20:07

Prof hat geschrieben:I remember clearly how impressed I was when, back in the day, the Leviathan-EP came out (I've got the one with the black cover and logo in silver). What came after, went in a different direction altogether, sure. That's why 'Curse of the Artizan', to me, is the logical - and long overdue - follow-up to 'Leviathan'. Braden's versatile voice, Tammeus' trademark 'less-is-more' precision drumming, the compositions/melodies, the overall atmosphere and sound - it all makes for a most pleasant flashback.

I am pleased that many of you are enjoying the Artizan music. The original Leviathan EP (which was actually green...I have 25 left which are quite rare) was a great time for all of us. Many believe that Leviathan could have been very successful if we had stayed with the original songwriting style. Obviously, Leviathan never reached anything more than maybe a cult status. The response and reviews for the EP were always the strongest, overall. And yes, sometimes "less is more." :cool2:

I knew I would work with Tom Braden again, and appreciate the great response we have had for him. Yes, there are some who do not appreciate Tom's style, this will always happen, and I pay no attention to it. We have new material in the works, and I certainly hope for it to be even stronger than 'Curse of the Artizan.'

BTW...I own the original artwork from the 'Deepest Secrets Beneath' album. This is a SIX FOOT tall oil painting which is displayed in the house..incredible. I discovered the artist for the album when I was delivering pizza in the early 90's. haha

Maybe I will see some of you at the KIT festival in 2012? I expect to be there again :yeah:
ARTIZAN
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon rapanzel » 5. September 2011, 20:10

ARTIZAN hat geschrieben:Maybe I will see some of you at the KIT festival in 2012? I expect to be there again :yeah:

Hehe, be sure you meet a lot from us there :-D
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Vorherige

ZurĂĽck zu AnkĂĽndigung / News