KINGSBANE CD Release on Stormspell

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Re: KINGSBANE CD Release on Stormspell

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 15. Januar 2011, 14:14

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Well, I've moved a little bit over 600 copies of Kingsbane so far, which is not the worst Stormspell release for certain, but well below my expectations, given how hyped it was. Which only comes to show that one has to follow their own judgment and instincts, least feel disappointed as I did. Live and learn as they say, bring on the next challenge :)

I recently wrote a review about Kingsbane on http://www.metalfan.nl/ and some people I know have said that they will buy the cd in a short while.

link (Dutch) : http://www.metalfan.nl/reviews.php?id=6537
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 15. Januar 2011, 14:21

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:DRIFTER - when we did the demos I've asked the band for the albums of course, but it seems they do not own the copyrights over those...

SIREN - I sort of dropped this project. It pains me greatly as I had great desire to have their demos and/or debut LP on Stormspell. The problem with this project is - there are two parties in this band claiming they own the copyrights. I've talked to both parties, they both are interested in it, but unless they start talking to each other and sort it out so I wont be like Jack in the middle, this thing goes nowhere...

PYRACANDA - Thanks to rapanzel I've been in contact with Dieter. we have discussed it and he has my offer. I assume they do have other options to consider, so it could take some time. I'm not sure how successful a re-issue would be. eBay and their retarded prices are no good indicator at all. I like Two Sides of a Coin, but I'm not so sure about Thorns. Hopefully with good packaging and bonuses it would move enough. Or at least I HOPE it would sell better than KINGSBANE...

About Drifter, does Frontrow Records still exist?

And Siren, does AAARRG still own the rights to Financial Suicide then?

I'm still wondering about some ATOM H releases, like the first three albums from Accuser. The label doesn't exist anymore, but who holds the rights? I consider those three albums as pinnacles within the German thrash scene, so, well.

Sure.. I'm not the only potential customer.
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon rapanzel » 15. Januar 2011, 14:26

I also have contact to ACCU§ER. They live about 20 km away from me. I'll ask the guys about the copyrights and what they think about a possible rerelease!!!!
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 15. Januar 2011, 14:36

You just keep on climbing the ranks , haha.

Would be nice to see both Deathwish records to be properly re-released as well. One of the best British thrashbands to ever roam the earth :cool2:

I'm sorry if it gets a bit too much, but being at an age (24) that just didn't make it possible to actually be there in the eighties to grab those records from the shelves, just doesn't give me another possibility than dreaming on..
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon rapanzel » 15. Januar 2011, 15:05

Sorry for the off-topic again, but speaking of PYRACANDA and their anniversary gig :yeah: (sorry only handycam)
The band also has about 50 t-shirts from that gig left for sale, so anyone who's interested should get in touch with them

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 16. Januar 2011, 03:11

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:About Drifter, does Frontrow Records still exist?

Frontrow was absorbed by Warner sometime in the late 90s. When we did the demos I've asked Peter about "Reality Turns to Dust" as it is one of my favorite 80s power metal albums, but he said they do not have the copyrights...

And Siren, does AAARRG still own the rights to Financial Suicide then?

I havent asked about "Financial Suicide". I was interested only in the demos and "No Place Like Home"

I'm still wondering about some ATOM H releases, like the first three albums from Accuser. The label doesn't exist anymore, but who holds the rights? I consider those three albums as pinnacles within the German thrash scene, so, well.
Sure.. I'm not the only potential customer.

I like early ACCUSER and would love to do those, but I have no idea who owns copyrights and such. Meanwhile eGay THRIVES with Atom-H bootlegs (made in Russia) so such re-issues MUST be made in full collaboration from the band and haev plenty of bonuses and fat booklets with complete band story, archive pictures, etc.

DEATHWISH - same situation, I LOVE that band and Demon Preacher is one of my all time favorite thrash albums ever, but with the endless bootlegs it needs to be a very special re-release with full band collaboration.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 24. Januar 2011, 13:13

Btw, t-shirts from PYRACANDA's gin in November can be ordered here:
http://ma.rmv-bus.de/xtcommerce/

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Acrylator » 26. Januar 2011, 13:07

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Got it, thanks, will ship asap!

Hey Iordan, I received the CD today, thanks a lot!
Great, btw. (I only knew the IN THE NAME album before)
Acrylator
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 11. April 2011, 16:54

any progress in Pyracanda, Accuser and Deathwish?

Same goes for Pariah, why did they repress The Kindred and left the second record alone.
Yesterday I was at a huge cd/lp market in Utrecht (NL) and there I saw Pariah - Blaze of Obscurity (cd) for 69 euros. Those moments make me cry. :tong2:
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 11. April 2011, 23:29

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:any progress in Pyracanda, Accuser and Deathwish?

Same goes for Pariah, why did they repress The Kindred and left the second record alone.
Yesterday I was at a huge cd/lp market in Utrecht (NL) and there I saw Pariah - Blaze of Obscurity (cd) for 69 euros. Those moments make me cry. :tong2:

Unfortunately Pyracanda does not own the master recordings on both albums, so we hit a dead end and could do nothing.

Matt from Divebomb is talking to Deathwish. I'm not sure what progress he has made on it.

I was never in talks with Accuser so far.

All in all, I'm not really interested in re-releasing albums which were pressed on CDs in the 80s and the master recordings are still owned by some label. Yeah, such products sell great, but this is complicated, and at the end we end up paying tons of money to some 80s greedy label and the bands still get nothing... it just doesn't feel right to me.

I'm MUCH more interested in working DIRECTLY with the bands putting out demos/albums which never have been on cd before or the bands own the master recordings, so we can create a completely new package from scratch the way me and the bands are happy with it.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 12. April 2011, 07:38

I've just talked to Dieter from PYRACANDA yesterday and he told me that there are problems with the copyrights. There are some strange conditions that need to be checked first, but they are on it. The rights are owned by Ralf Huber (AAARRG-Records) and Charly Rinne(NO REMORSE REC).
Really don't know what the problem is and why both (ex) label owners make such a big deal about that. They also can profit from a rerelease. So let's hope!
And that's why I understand Iordan. It's much easier to work with bands directely instead of dealing around even with labels that went bankrupt 20 years ago .mhmpf:

I'm still on ACCU§ER. Damn, it's much easier to dig some obscure US-Metal band than making contact to these guys in my neighborhood. I wrote them through myspace several times, no anwser. It seems that the email I had is invalid now. A friend of mine tries to get me a new email or a phone contact and as soon as I have it, I will pass it to Iordan!

I'm also on 2 other cool things, let's hope this will come true one day!
Just making contact and if the bands would be interested in a rerelease the search for propper labels will start

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 12. April 2011, 23:29

I'm sure no one makes a big fuss about it. It is just a business. I've licensed Target from Ralf and he was very nice and easy to work with.

The problem is that when licensing a limited pressing of 1000 copies we can only pay so much royalties for it, and once we pay the label for the master recording, there are very little to no funds left for the band. So it does make more sense for the original label to re-release it, or for the band to license and re-release it themselves.

It would be the same with Accuser, if not worse, since it could be that Atom H was absorbed by Koch and such corporate labels are usually unapproachable, unless one starts throwing 5-digit sums on their tables. We are definitely not such entity :lol:

Anyhow, I have 3 releases coming out on Friday, than 5 more by the end of the month, and then around 8-10 more in progress/planning stages, so I'm pretty much occupied for the time being as-is.

Not to mention we are going to try our hands on vinyl. Our first vinyl release would be AMULANCE - Deutschland, limited to 333, with 8 or 12-page booklet and 2-3 bonus tracks.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Hades » 13. April 2011, 16:27

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:I'm sure no one makes a big fuss about it. It is just a business. I've licensed Target from Ralf and he was very nice and easy to work with.

The problem is that when licensing a limited pressing of 1000 copies we can only pay so much royalties for it, and once we pay the label for the master recording, there are very little to no funds left for the band. So it does make more sense for the original label to re-release it, or for the band to license and re-release it themselves.

It would be the same with Accuser, if not worse, since it could be that Atom H was absorbed by Koch and such corporate labels are usually unapproachable, unless one starts throwing 5-digit sums on their tables. We are definitely not such entity :lol:

Anyhow, I have 3 releases coming out on Friday, than 5 more by the end of the month, and then around 8-10 more in progress/planning stages, so I'm pretty much occupied for the time being as-is.

Not to mention we are going to try our hands on vinyl. Our first vinyl release would be AMULANCE - Deutschland, limited to 333, with 8 or 12-page booklet and 2-3 bonus tracks.

It seems it's not possible to order Friday's new releases yet?
Hades
Metalizer

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 14. April 2011, 00:24

Not yet, it is a tax deadline week here and I've been too busy dealing with that. Will update the website and the distro over the weekend.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 16. April 2011, 14:52

Thanks for the information, we'll see what happens later on then.
Hehe, scrolling down I noticed Drifter. I saw a cd version of Reality Turns To Dust at the Mega record fair in Utrecht for no less than 150 euros.

I don't really understand why a label like Metal Mind keeps releasing all kinds of records from two or five years ago and leaves those albums alone. It might be crappy digipacks but it's better than nothing.

About releasing demos or albums, well I think it's both great. I absolutely love the Kingsbane and Amulance compilations (and other releases) but I was glad to see a label finally had the balls (and taste) to rerelease long lost records from Target and Last Descendants. Firstly because I think that music should not be forgotten and secondly to give those idiotic ebay freaks (400 euros for Last Descendants :' ) ) a big finger.
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels