KINGSBANE CD Release on Stormspell

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Re: KINGSBANE CD Release on Stormspell

Beitragvon rapanzel » 15. Juni 2012, 10:52

Yeah, heard that also. It's really a shame when crapp sells and a masterpiece like this CD doesn't find it's listeners.
But I'm sure, most of those who liked the demo back then, simply don't know of it's official rerelease!
I've seen a guy at KIT this year who nearly broke into tears when he found the CD at the metal market.
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Prof » 15. Juni 2012, 10:57

holg hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:
rapanzel hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:
Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:Kicking an old thread in the butt, but with a good reason. Any news on the unreleased Kingsbane material?

After confirming for an earlier KIT i never got any response back from these guys to my many mails...

I sort of knew a bit about that, although I don't recall the exact details of the story. Well, I suppose that, just like with Last Descendants, promises made are now promises broken. I'm listening to the Stormspell disc with the Kingsbane/Seven Years material as I'm typing this, and It's just such a damn shame if you ask me. :cry:

Unreleased KINGSBANE material :oh2: :oh2: ?

If I remember correctly, bassist Tom Rokicki said that if the demo compilation was well received (I guess he meant that sales-wise), the guys would consider recording or re-recording the songs they had planned for a follow-up to the In The Name album. Well, almost two years have come and gone and once more Kingsbane are off the radar again.

But if I understand Iordan correctly, the Kingsbane CD did not sell well. The world is bad.

Most people's tastes are, alas, so vastly different from ours.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 16. Juni 2012, 03:30

I don't think my sales had anything to do with the outcome. I paid all royalties in advance, and havent had to report any sale figures to Tom. He never knew what the actual sales are - as far as he was concerned the release was a success because of all great reviews and fan response he got. Plus the KIT invitation and everything.

I think Tom was trying to get the band together, but it failed almost instantly, so they had to cancel KIT, and also all those plans of recording the material which Tom claimed they have written for second Kingsbane demo (circa 1992) but never previously recorded. As with Oliver, I haven't heard from Tom in a very long time now...
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 16. Juni 2012, 03:36

Some things are just not meant to be, like official GLACIER, SINDROME, 2nd DEAF DEALER releases, that second VISITOR which was written but never recorded, DISCIPLE and RELLIK unreleased demos I've been trying to get for ages, unreleased 2nd VAMPYR album, etc... sometimes it is just impossible, regardless how much one wants it to happen.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 16. Juni 2012, 03:41

Here is unreleased VAMPYR song from 1987 (rehearsal room quality):

Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Prof » 16. Juni 2012, 05:13

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:I don't think my sales had anything to do with the outcome. I paid all royalties in advance, and havent had to report any sale figures to Tom. He never knew what the actual sales are - as far as he was concerned the release was a success because of all great reviews and fan response he got. Plus the KIT invitation and everything.

I think Tom was trying to get the band together, but it failed almost instantly, so they had to cancel KIT, and also all those plans of recording the material which Tom claimed they have written for second Kingsbane demo (circa 1992) but never previously recorded. As with Oliver, I haven't heard from Tom in a very long time now...

It's just a bloody shame. Thanks anyway for clearing up those last bits on the 'Bane.
I vaguely remember Mark Stewartson playing in a country rock band for weekend fun and Fabien Madeleine trying to get his own project off the ground, but that's about it, I guess.
In the end, we have you, and nobody else, to thank for the Kingsbane/Seven Years demo compilation.
So: thank you, Mr. Kanev.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon holg » 16. Juni 2012, 10:40

As I wrote earlier on, Fabien told me a few months back that his solo album was close to finish. When I asked him about the musical directiom, he said something about a modern fresh and heavy album. I will obviously listen to it when I get the chance but I doubt that it will sound bane-ish. He send me a link to a live performance of his solo outfit doing a sabbath covertune. That was pretty good though.
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Hades » 16. Juni 2012, 13:13

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Some things are just not meant to be, like official GLACIER, SINDROME, 2nd DEAF DEALER releases, that second VISITOR which was written but never recorded, DISCIPLE and RELLIK unreleased demos I've been trying to get for ages, unreleased 2nd VAMPYR album, etc... sometimes it is just impossible, regardless how much one wants it to happen.

so sad...
Hades
Metalizer

Beitragvon Odium » 16. Juni 2012, 13:14

Hades hat geschrieben:
Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben:Some things are just not meant to be, like official GLACIER, SINDROME, 2nd DEAF DEALER releases, that second VISITOR which was written but never recorded, DISCIPLE and RELLIK unreleased demos I've been trying to get for ages, unreleased 2nd VAMPYR album, etc... sometimes it is just impossible, regardless how much one wants it to happen.

so sad...

:cry:
Was der Fuck.
Odium
Metalizer

Beitragvon Prof » 16. Juni 2012, 13:49

After reading the Sindrome story in Snakepit mag years ago I already resigned myself to the fact that an official CD/vinyl release of those two searing demos will never happen. Egos can be nasty little buggers.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon rapanzel » 16. Juni 2012, 14:11

Odium hat geschrieben:
Hades hat geschrieben:

so sad...

:cry:

GLACIER is a bit strange. I've been in contact with the band and they told me that a rerelease was in the making but no further information on that. I also wrote the band that I have a label that would be interested in doing it, but the only thing they said was, "well, rights problem, bla bla bla" and REBELLION aren't even interested in doing a rerelease at all, because the members don't speak to each other anymore. One has become a reborn christian and avoids his Heavy Metal past. They simply don't want their stuff being rereleased, althouh there's interest! Same with SINDROME. Sad, very sad!

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 18. Juni 2012, 04:03

GLACIER was supposed to be released on Heaven and Hell Records, but apparently it turned into one of those projects going nowhere...
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 18. Juni 2012, 09:09

From the band or the label?

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 18. Juni 2012, 09:16

Heaven and Hell gave up since the band was not able to get things done...he told me I can try it too, but i doubt it will ever work.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon rapanzel » 18. Juni 2012, 10:22

Just wrote a email to Patrick and Tim to get some new information on that!

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Vorherige

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels