KINGSBANE CD Release on Stormspell

Pure Steel, Cruz Del Sur, Metal On Metal, Metal Coven etc...

Moderatoren: Markus(PureSteel), steel-prophet, Skullview

Re: KINGSBANE CD Release on Stormspell

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 16. April 2011, 23:30

Not every label is interested licensing their back catalog, especially in micro-quantities to a specific market and then see it bleed all over the world...

So called "eBay freaks" don't give a damn for re-issues. All they are interested is the "original first pressing". The sad thing is, there are a lot of bootleggers which would not hesitate to bootleg a current re-release right from the bat. Like with us I always wondered how it happened that all sorts of Russian and Belarus sellers have our VAMPYR re-release for sale when we never wholesaled/traded to that region... until I got a copy which was a crappy bootleg made from our release... so we not only lost all the sales on that title, but probably alienated a lot of potential customers thinking all our releases are cheap looking shit...

The same happened to many other labels: Lost & Found (Viking bootleg with their logo), Battle Cry (all Darkness titles), etc. etc.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Pavlos » 16. April 2011, 23:38

Hey Ioardan, here´s some brilliant stuff for a future STORMSPELL release:

BASILISK from Houston released only one demo back in 1991.
Technical Thrash with strong vocals and nice guitar solos.
Stuff, that begs for a release!!!!

Check this out:

Pavlos
Ambassador Of Love

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 19. April 2011, 22:02

I like it, although the arrangements sound a bit sloppy and random. Good singer, nice riffs, might be interesting.

About first presses, I know, yes. But I do not really care if it's a (official) re-release or a first press. Sure, I got some valuable first presses as well and I won't sell them, but the fact that cd's just aren't available sometimes drives me to the border of insanity. Sure there are LP's, but I prefer cd's and I just don't want to have a bootleg with crappy artwork or sound.

The main point is, availability. It's ridiculous that a very small company like InRock has to bootleg the first two Wrath albums, since they're not regularly available. Those are consequences and it's a darn shame.
"To be the lord of all, you must first conquer yourself"
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 21. April 2011, 10:11

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben:It's ridiculous that a very small company like InRock has to bootleg the first two Wrath albums, since they're not regularly available. Those are consequences and it's a darn shame.

InRock is not a legit company - it is a dude I happen to know from another forum - he just did those crappy Wrath, Anacrusis, Vulture, etc. CDRs and then created a forum hype pretending to be a dealer for this fictitious InRock label. He sold plenty of those before people started getting angry and calling him out so he took the website offline and dissipated, sort of :lol:
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon rapanzel » 21. April 2011, 10:19

Scarred For Life hat geschrieben: the fact that cd's just aren't available sometimes drives me to the border of insanity. Sure there are LP's, but I prefer cd's and I just don't want to have a bootleg with crappy artwork or sound.

Same here!
Look at RUNNING WILD now, Rolf got the rights back and says the label shows no interest in rereleasing the first RW albums. So he's thinking about rerecording some of the old tracks! WTF?!?!?!?!? No interest in the first RW albums??
And I really get pissed of when I get a CD from ebay which turns out to bee a bootleg (MYSTIC FORCE, PURGATORY, etc). Even after asking the seller in the first place.
What defenetly wonders me, that NO ONE bootlegged TALES OF MEDUSA yet! I mean, come on, this band should be the perfect target for bootleggers.... but no one seems to pay any attention to that!
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 23. April 2011, 22:39

I didn't know Running Wild was that hard to find :o
I own all of them, some originals, some rereleases. I think the main problem is that RW always sold most of their records in Germany. Looking at Holland, they haven't played here live for years and during the eighties venues were filled with like 15 visitors. Guess you could say they're typically German, although I really like their classic heavy metal style.

In a store near here (Few miles away) there are some original cd prints from Branded and Exiled. Plus you can always find their albums for 9 or 10 euro at markets.

Personally I don't really understand the ways of a label like Metal Mind. Although those digipacks are a bit crappy, they've re-released some excellent rare albums (Roadracer, Roadrunner etc.) and cd's from Wolf Spider, which are usually quite expensive. But for some time their re-releasing spree seems to get a bit random, with albums that weren't even out of print yet (or at least not for long).

We'll see
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Dezibel » 27. April 2011, 15:44

As this seems to have turned into recomendation thread anyway, I have two as well:

1. RAISING CAIN, especially the Hell on Earth EP is great stuff and more than hard to get. One of the members is active on youtube and is posting some old video footage and so on so it should be quite easy to get in contact with them, see here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGare369

2. MASQUE - The Dead of Night EP. for me one of the best female-fronted metal releases. The band also had a demo out which would be a perfect fit for a re-release. As Hydra Vein used to be on the same label (RKT) and their stuff was officially re-released there should be a possibility.
Derzeitig favorisierte akustische Beschallung:
Bild
Herzel (FRA) - Unis Dans La Gloire (2015)

Metal ex Machina
Steel for an Age Fanzine - Issue #4 out now!
Dezibel
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Scarred For Life » 8. Mai 2011, 00:38

Raise our fist? in 1994? With lyrics like that I can imagine why that band never made it, hehe. It's quite good though, nice riffing (although I heard them all before). Nice singer as well, powerful voice. Sounds a bit like that dude from the first Cyclone Temple record started to sing in a power metal style. All in all it reminds of both Mystik albums, although it's a bit more traditional.

Nice band :)

I heard a rumour btw, someone from SPV mentioned that they're talking with Satan as we speak, possibly for a re-release of the second Pariah album. I hope to receive a confirmation soon.

Would be nice if Deathwish sat at the same negotiation table soon ;)
Scarred For Life
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Prof » 14. Juni 2012, 21:00

Kicking an old thread in the butt, but with a good reason. Any news on the unreleased Kingsbane material?
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 14. Juni 2012, 21:07

Prof hat geschrieben:Kicking an old thread in the butt, but with a good reason. Any news on the unreleased Kingsbane material?

After confirming for an earlier KIT i never got any response back from these guys to my many mails...
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon holg » 14. Juni 2012, 21:12

Fabien hatte mir was von einer Solo CD geschrieben ...
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Prof » 14. Juni 2012, 21:17

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:Kicking an old thread in the butt, but with a good reason. Any news on the unreleased Kingsbane material?

After confirming for an earlier KIT i never got any response back from these guys to my many mails...

I sort of knew a bit about that, although I don't recall the exact details of the story. Well, I suppose that, just like with Last Descendants, promises made are now promises broken. I'm listening to the Stormspell disc with the Kingsbane/Seven Years material as I'm typing this, and It's just such a damn shame if you ask me. :cry:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon rapanzel » 15. Juni 2012, 08:36

Prof hat geschrieben:

I sort of knew a bit about that, although I don't recall the exact details of the story. Well, I suppose that, just like with Last Descendants, promises made are now promises broken. I'm listening to the Stormspell disc with the Kingsbane/Seven Years material as I'm typing this, and It's just such a damn shame if you ask me. :cry:

Unreleased KINGSBANE material :oh2: :oh2: ?
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Prof » 15. Juni 2012, 10:11

rapanzel hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:

If I remember correctly, bassist Tom Rokicki said that if the demo compilation was well received (I guess he meant that sales-wise), the guys would consider recording or re-recording the songs they had planned for a follow-up to the In The Name album. Well, almost two years have come and gone and once more Kingsbane are off the radar again.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon holg » 15. Juni 2012, 10:18

Prof hat geschrieben:
rapanzel hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:

If I remember correctly, bassist Tom Rokicki said that if the demo compilation was well received (I guess he meant that sales-wise), the guys would consider recording or re-recording the songs they had planned for a follow-up to the In The Name album. Well, almost two years have come and gone and once more Kingsbane are off the radar again.

But if I understand Iordan correctly, the Kingsbane CD did not sell well. The world is bad.
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu Heavy Metal labels