LED ZEPPELIN - 2014 Remasters

Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Art Rock, Progressive Metal ...

LED ZEPPELIN - 2014 Remasters

Beitragvon Ulle » 31. Mai 2014, 13:00

So, die ersten drei Alben wurden ja gestern als 2014er-Remasters veröffentlicht.

Kamen jeweils als:
- einzelne CD und LP
- Deluxe CD und 2LP mit Bonus Tracks bzw. bei Led Zeppelin I eine 3LP mit nem unveröffentlichten Paris-Konzert von 1969
- Superduper Deluxe Edition mit allen CDs und LPs, Buch und was weiß ich für Kram.

Habe mir die "normalen" Deluxe-Editions auf LP gegönnt und die sind wirklich sehr schick geworden.
Aufwendige Gatefolds, 180g Vinyl und remastered von Jimmy Page himself.
Der Sound ist wirklich toll. Ich hau die alten CDs raus, die Anschaffung lohnt sich wirklich.

Hier mal die Presseinfo:
First Three Albums Newly Remastered By Jimmy Page,
Each With An Additional Disc Of Previously Unreleased
Companion Audio

Multiple CD, Vinyl, And Digital Formats,
Including Limited Edition Super Deluxe Boxed Set, Available June 3

John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant came together in 1968 as Led Zeppelin. Over the next decade, the band would become one of the most influential, innovative and successful groups in modern music, selling more than 300 million albums worldwide. Their songs are some of the most celebrated in rock ‘n’ roll history that, to this day, resonate with fans young and old around the globe. Still, no matter how many times you may have listened to their music, you’ve never heard Led Zeppelin like this before.

With the June 3 release of deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III, the band will launch an extensive reissue program of all nine of its studio albums in chronological order, each remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page. Led Zeppelin will also open its vaults to share dozens of unheard studio and live recordings, with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album.

"The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording of Led Zeppelin,” says Page. “It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions, and new material recorded at the time”

Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III will each be available June 3 from Atlantic/Swan Song in the following formats:

· Single CD – Remastered album packaged in a gatefold card wallet.
· Deluxe Edition (2CD) – Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio.
· Single LP – Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP’s first pressing in exacting detail. (For example, III will feature the original wheel and die cut holes.)
· Deluxe Edition Vinyl – Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.
· Digital Download – Remastered album and companion audio will both be available.
· Super Deluxe Boxed Set – This collection includes:
o Remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve.
o Companion audio on CD in card wallet.
o Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating first pressing.
o Companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.
o High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit. (Live tracks are 48kHz/24 bit).
o Hard bound, 70+ page book filled with rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia.
o High quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.
o Led Zeppelin will also include a replica of the band’s original Atlantic press kit.

The Led Zeppelin legend began in January of 1969 with the group’s eponymous debut. From the opening salvo of “Good Times Bad Times,” on through to “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You,” “Communication Breakdown,” and “Dazed And Confused,” the album introduced the band’s unmistakable sound and left an indelible mark on the music landscape. Led Zeppelin has been certified diamond by the RIAA for sales over 10 million and was inducted into the Grammy® Hall of Fame in 2004.

The companion audio for Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased performance recorded on October 10, 1969 at the Olympia Theatre in Paris. The nine-song set features seven tracks from the album, including an epic 15-minute version of “Dazed And Confused,” as well as “Heartbreaker” and “Moby Dick,” which would debut on Led Zeppelin II later that month.

The band wrote and recorded nearly all of Led Zeppelin II while touring relentlessly to support its debut album. Incredibly, the album was released just seven months after Led Zeppelin in October of 1969. Led Zeppelin II features some of the band’s most beloved tracks including “Ramble On” and “Heartbreaker” as well as “Whole Lotta Love,” considered by many to be one of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll songs of all time. The album is certified diamond by the RIAA with sales of over 12 million copies.

The Led Zeppelin II companion audio gives fans the first peek into the band’s recording sessions, with alternate mixes of five songs from the album, backing tracks to “Thank You” and “Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman),” and the previously unreleased track “La La.”

Following the whirlwind success of their first two albums and near constant touring, Page and Plant took to the now famous Bron-Yr-Aur cottage in Wales in 1970 to start the early composition of Led Zeppelin III. They later convened with Bonham and Jones for rehearsals before entering London’s Olympic Studios to begin recording in May 1970. Fueled by classic tracks such as “Immigrant Song” and “Since I’ve Been Loving You,” the album soared to the top of charts worldwide upon its release in October of 1970 and has since been certified 6x platinum.

The nine tracks featured on Led Zeppelin III’s companion audio continue to offer a window into the band’s recording process with seven studio outtakes of songs from the album as well as three previously unheard compositions: “Jennings Farm Blues” (an instrumental forerunner of “Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp”), “Bathroom Sound” (an instrumental version of “Out On The Tiles”), and their take on the blues classics “Keys To The Highway/Trouble In Mind.”

Led Zeppelin continues to be honored for its pivotal role in music history. The band was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1995, received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005, and a year later was awarded with the Polar Music Prize in Stockholm. Founding members Jones, Page and Plant – along with Jason Bonham, the son of John Bonham – took the stage at London’s O2 Arena in 2007 to headline a tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, a dear friend and Atlantic Records’ founder. The band was honored for its lifetime contribution to American culture at the Kennedy Center Honors in 2012. In January of 2014, the band won their first ever Grammy award as Celebration Day, which captured their live performance at the Ertegun tribute concert, was named Best Rock Album

Led Zeppelin

Track Listing

1. “Good Times Bad Times”
2. “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You”
3. “You Shook Me”
4. “Dazed And Confused”
5. “Your Time Is Gonna Come”
6. “Black Mountain Side”
7. “Communication Breakdown”
8. “I Can’t Quit You Baby”
9. “How Many More Times”

Companion Audio Disc

Live At The Olympia – Paris, France
October 10, 1969

1. “Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown”
2. “I Can’t Quit You Baby”
3. “Heartbreaker”
4. “Dazed And Confused”
5. “White Summer/Black Mountain Side”
6. “You Shook Me”
7. “Moby Dick”
8. “How Many More Times”

Led Zeppelin II

Track Listing

1. “Whole Lotta Love”
2. “What Is And What Should Never Be”
3. “The Lemon Song”
4. “Thank You”
5. “Heartbreaker”
6. “Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman)”
7. “Ramble On”
8. “Moby Dick”
9. “Bring It On Home”

Companion Audio Disc

1. “Whole Lotta Love”
2. “What Is And What Should Never Be”
3. “Thank You”
4. “Heartbreaker”
5. “Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman)”
6. “Ramble On”
7. “Moby Dick”
8. “La La”

Led Zeppelin III

Track Listing

1. “Immigrant Song”
2. “Friends”
3. “Celebration Day”
4. “Since I’ve Been Loving You”
5. “Out On The Tiles”
6. “Gallows Pole”
7. “Tangerine”
8. “That’s The Way”
9. “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp”
10. “Hats Off To (Roy) Harper”

Companion Audio Disc

1. “The Immigrant Song”
2. “Friends”
3. “Celebration Day”
4. “Since I’ve Been Loving You”
5. “Bathroom Sound”
6. “Gallows Pole”
7. “That’s The Way”
8. “Jennings Farm Blues”
9. “Keys To The Highway/Trouble In Mind”

Technical note: The new remasters were created from 192 kHz/24 bit digital transfers of the original analogue tapes. The catalogue is being remastered now to take advantage of the significant advances in mastering technology that have occurred since 1991.
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Re: LED ZEPPELIN - 2014 Remasters

Beitragvon Ernie » 31. Mai 2014, 13:08

Lohnt sich der frühe Livekram sehr? Sonst würden mir meine ollen CDs wohl reichen...
I guess we never sold out, so we were never really in
I wouldn't change the way it was, the places I have been...
Demon, 1989
Ernie
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Ulle » 31. Mai 2014, 13:35

Naja, ist halt ein Gig. Klingt ziemlich gut, ob man das braucht sei dahin gestellt.
Der Studiosound ist laut erstem Höreindruck gegenüber den alten Remasters (die CD-Erstauflagen klangen ja beschissen) schon nochmal deutlich besser, was ja jetzt aber auch nicht gleich bedeutet, dass die Remasters von Anfang der 90er scheiße klangen. Für Led Zep-Fans in jedem Fall lohnenswert.

Wenn man sich nur die CDs gönnen will, muss man halt abwägen, die LPs lohnen sich aber total.
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Ernie » 31. Mai 2014, 13:43

Hm, dann werd' ich mir wohl Led Zeppelin I mal wg. dem Livekonzert genauer auf Vinyl anschauen. Falls ich dann sehr begeistert sein sollte, kann ich die anderen ja nachkaufen (die LZ-Platten ohne Titel, also bis einschließlich IV, sind schon so die, die ich am essentiellsten finde). Soundtechnisch bin ich mit den ersten Remasters nämlich mehr als zufrieden.
I guess we never sold out, so we were never really in
I wouldn't change the way it was, the places I have been...
Demon, 1989
Ernie
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Azrael » 31. Mai 2014, 19:43

ich kopiere es mal vom Neuerscheinungthread hier rüber.
Falls sich jemand unschlüssig ist wegen der Bonustracks
Bei der Led Zeppelin I, ist ein Livekonzert aus Paris von 1969 drauf,
bei den anderen sind lediglich verschieden Studio Mixe, oder Backing tracks.
I:
Live At The Olympia – Paris, France (October 10, 1969)
1. “Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown”
2. “I Can’t Quit You Baby”
3. “Heartbreaker”
4. “Dazed And Confused”
5. “White Summer/Black Mountain Side”
6. “You Shook Me”
7. “Moby Dick”
8. “How Many More Times”

II:
1.Whole Lotta Love [Rough Mix with Vocal]
2.What Is And What Should Never Be [Rough Mix with Vocal]
3.Thank You [Backing Track]
4.Hearbreaker [Rough Mix with Vocal]
5.Living, Lovin Maid [Backing Track]
6.Ramble On [Rough Mix with Vocal]
7.Moby Dick [Drum Track]
8.La La Intro/Outro [Rough Mix]

III:
1. The Immigrant Song (Alternate Mix)
2. Friends (Track - No Vocal) 3:43
3. Celebration Day (Alternate Mix) 3:19
4. Since I've Been Loving You (Rough Mix) 7:17
5. Bathroom Sound (Track - No Vocal) 4:01
6. Gallows Pole (Rough Mix) 5:20
7. That's The Way (Rough Mix) 5:23
8. Jennings Farm Blues (Rough Mix) 5:54
9. Key To The Highway/Trouble In Mind (Rough Mix)

Hinter Jennings Farm Blues verbirgt sich ein instrumental Vorläufer von Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, hinter Bathroom Sound eine instrumental version von Out On The Tiles,

CD mässig bin ich mehr als gut versorgt mit der Japan Definitive Collection Box zum 40. aus 2008. Die übrigens hervorragend klingt
Azrael
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Ulle » 1. Juni 2014, 20:35

Yep, Tracks hatte ich ja oben schon angehängt :smile2:
Nachdem ich jetzt alle drei durch habe, kann ich Zep-Fans und solchen die es werden wollen den Kauf ans Herz legen.
Wird dann auch zum letzten Mal sein, wertiger wird es kaum werden.
Ich freu mich auf die nächsten drei :smile2:
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Franko » 2. Juni 2014, 19:25

Welches ist denn das Hard Rock-lastigste Album von LED ZEPPELIN? Wollte mich ja schon immer mal mit der Band genauer beschäftigen.
Franko
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon MetalChris87 » 2. Juni 2014, 20:07

Ich würde sagen das vierte. Da hast du auch noch gleich den größten Hit mit drauf. Und den besten Zep-Spng überhaupt ("When The Levee Breaks").
MetalChris87
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Ulle » 2. Juni 2014, 20:31

Ja, denke das vierte ist ein guter Einstieg. Habe damals mit "Presence" angefangen, was abgesehen von "Achilles Last Stand" für mich schon ein harter Brocken war. Hat dann noch ein paar Jahre gedauert, bis ich mit der Band warm geworden bin.
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon MissHeadcrusher » 2. Juni 2014, 21:41

Ich bin jedenfalls mit dem vierten eingestiegen, aber rückblickend würde ich sagen, dass die II besser dafür geeignet ist, da noch recht verdauliche Hard Rock Kost. Ach ja, die Biographie taugt auch, die habe ich mit zum Einstieg gelesen.

Nicht dass es doof kommt, aber wie ist denn der Sound im Vergleich zu den LPs aus den 60ern/70ern?
Dissection, das ist doch was mit Melodie...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
MissHeadcrusher
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Ulle » 2. Juni 2014, 23:01

Ich kenne nur die III von der ursprgl. LP her und finde schon, dass da noch was rausgeholt wurde, ohne dass es Verschlimmbesserungen gibt. Die CDs hatte ich alle bis auf die I als Remaster und auch da ist der Unterschied deutlich hörbar. Im Vergleich zur alten Ier CD sowieso, die klang/klingt nämlich sehr dünn.
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Boris the Enforcer » 3. Juni 2014, 08:36

Ulle hat geschrieben:Ich kenne nur die III von der ursprgl. LP her und finde schon, dass da noch was rausgeholt wurde, ohne dass es Verschlimmbesserungen gibt. Die CDs hatte ich alle bis auf die I als Remaster und auch da ist der Unterschied deutlich hörbar. Im Vergleich zur alten Ier CD sowieso, die klang/klingt nämlich sehr dünn.

Vielleicht missverstehe ich Dich gerade, aber für mich sind die gerade die von Barry Diament gemasterten CDs aus den 80ern vom Klang deutlich besser, als die späteren remasterten Versionen.
Boris the Enforcer
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Ulle » 3. Juni 2014, 08:42

Ich hatte wie gesagt nur das Debüt in der "alten" Fassung, aber die finde ich vom Klang nicht wirklich toll.
Ob das am Mastering liegt oder einfach daran, dass die meisten frühen CD-Pressungen sowieso nicht so wirklich gut klingen kann ich dir jetzt gar nicht sagen. Ist schon ne Weile her.
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Raf Blutaxt » 4. Juni 2014, 11:19

Also ich hab mir irgendwann zum Einstieg eine Box mit allen Studio-Alben gekauft, in welcher remasterten Version auch immer, das reicht mir bis heute. :smile2:

LED ZEPPELIN ist jetzt auch einfach keine Band, die ich wirklich oft höre, im Zweifelsfall landen JETHRO TULL, URIAH HEEP oder DEEP PURPLE deutlich häufiger in der Anlage.
The people united can never be ignited.
Raf Blutaxt
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon SleepingVillage » 4. Juni 2014, 14:37

MissHeadcrusher hat geschrieben:Ach ja, die Biographie taugt auch, die habe ich mit zum Einstieg gelesen.

Welche Biographie meinst du? Die "Hammer Of The Gods"?

Diese Remaster-Geschichten reizen mich zwar kaum. Trotzdem nehme ich solche Veröffentlichungen immer wohlwollend zur Kenntnis, weil dadurch häufig die älteren Versionen für lau unter's Volk geworfen werden. Fand ich zuletzt bei King Crimson sehr angenehm. Hoffentlich passiert's jetzt bei Led Zep ebenso. Mir fehlen immer noch die "Physical Graffiti", die "Presence" und die "In Through The Out Door". Wobei, letztere kann ja eigentlich ruhig fehlen.
Ich resigniere - aber vital!

- Gerhard Polt -
SleepingVillage
Prog-Rock-Fan

Nächste

Zurück zu Hard Rock Heaven / Prog The World