A few questions.

Alles über vergangene KIT-Festivals sowie über die kommenden Ausgaben! / Everything about the KIT-Festivals of the past and the future. Site Link: http://www.keep-it-true.de

A few questions.

Beitragvon snaps666 » 3. März 2010, 13:17

Hi all

My first time at KIT this year, so I have a couple of questions. I plan to take a flight to Frankfurt (main), is it possible to take a direct train from the airport to the festival area, and what's the name of the trainstation nearest the Festival?

Are there any activity around the festival on the thursday?

Also, if anyone has a spare ticket, I have a friend who is looking for one.

Thanks in advance.
Fuck Eyjafjallajökull
snaps666
Linkin Park-Für-Metal-Halter

Re: A few questions.

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 3. März 2010, 13:32

The closest trainstation to the festival is called LAUDA.

There will be a small warm up with underground metal disco in the TURNHALLE in Dittigheim, which is about 10km away from the KIT venue on the thursday.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon midnightrider » 3. März 2010, 13:57

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:The closest trainstation to the festival is called LAUDA.

There will be a small warm up with underground metal disco in the TURNHALLE in Dittigheim, which is about 10km away from the KIT venue on the thursday.

Dachte eigentlich der Bahnhof Königshofen(Baden) wäre näher :ehm:
midnightrider
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 3. März 2010, 14:10

midnightrider hat geschrieben:
Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:The closest trainstation to the festival is called LAUDA.

Dachte eigentlich der Bahnhof Königshofen(Baden) wäre näher :ehm:

So weit ich weiss ist der aber schlechter frequentiert...hat da jemand Erfahrungen?
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Björn » 3. März 2010, 14:59

Für diejenigen aus Richtung Würzburg hält ein Zug alle zwei Stunden in Königshofen(Baden).
http://kursbuch.bahn.de/hafas/kbview.exe/dn/KB780_H_Taeglich_nicht_10062010_28072010_G06112009.pdf?filename=KB780_H_Taeglich_nicht_10062010_28072010_G06112009.pdf&orig=sS

Aber Obacht: Es gibt unterschiedlich schnelle Verbindungen und in Lauda muss man umsteigen!
We praise the Blood that Metal brings!
Björn
METAL GOD

Beitragvon snaps666 » 3. März 2010, 15:10

Thanks for the replys. But I would very much like, if you could write in English, as I don't understand German very well.

Are there public transportation from the festival area to Dittigheim (and back) on the thursday ?

Cheers
Fuck Eyjafjallajökull
snaps666

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 3. März 2010, 15:11

snaps666 hat geschrieben:Thanks for the replys. But I would very much like, if you could write in English, as I don't understand German very well.

Are there public transportation from the festival area to Dittigheim (and back) on the thursday ?

Cheers

No, there is no organized transportation by us...
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Maniäc » 3. März 2010, 15:38

Here you have a bunch of dates for the train connection:
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query. ... crollDir=2
Maniäc
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon midnightrider » 3. März 2010, 22:18

snaps666 hat geschrieben:Thanks for the replys. But I would very much like, if you could write in English, as I don't understand German very well.

Cheers

The Trainstation Königshofen (Baden) is nearer to the Festival site. If you take a train to Lauda you can take the train to Königshofen from there. You can check the distance to the festival site with google maps, to see that it is really close.

I guess there is a train from Würzburg directly to Königshofen, too. Just check the link which Björn postet. Maniäc's link doesn't work anymore. The DB links are just temporary links
midnightrider
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon MightyTior » 4. März 2010, 12:56

Don´t stress. Lauda , Dittigheim and Königshofen are all relatively close together, and yes, we have Taxis in Germany too!

Plus you´ll undoubtedly meet a bunch of friendly metal heads all over who will help you out.

Get ready to have a great time (let´s hope the weather is great too!)
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon rapanzel » 4. März 2010, 13:00

MightyTior hat geschrieben:Plus you´ll undoubtedly meet a bunch of friendly metal heads all over who will help you out.

Indeed :-D
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon snaps666 » 4. März 2010, 23:21

Thanks alot for all the info!

I am going to book a flight tha arrives in Frankfurt thursday early afternoon, so I have plenty of time to get to the festival area hehe. It is possible to camp from thursday, right?

Looking foreward to this one!
Fuck Eyjafjallajökull
snaps666

Beitragvon snaps666 » 6. März 2010, 10:18

Ok, sorry for all the questions, but I'm looking into train connections now, what's the name of the trainstation at the airport? Is it Frankfurt (m) Flughafen ? Or maybe Frankfurt (m) Flughafen Fernbf ?

What's the difference?

Thanks again
snaps666

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 6. März 2010, 10:25

it is

Frankfurt (m) Flughafen Fernbf
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon snaps666 » 7. März 2010, 20:42

Great. Thanks again!

Last one for now. Is it cheaper to buy train tickets now, or is it the same price if I just buy them when I'm there?

Cheers
Fuck Eyjafjallajökull
snaps666

Nächste

Zurück zu !! Offizielles Keep It True - Forum !!