Closest airport?

Alles ĂĽber vergangene KIT-Festivals sowie ĂĽber die kommenden Ausgaben! / Everything about the KIT-Festivals of the past and the future. Site Link: http://www.keep-it-true.de

Closest airport?

Beitragvon Bozzltov » 18. Mai 2009, 04:36

Hello, there! I will be traveling from New Jersey in the USA for KiT XIII. Could someone please tell me if Frankfurt is the closest airport, or is there a closer one?

Thank you for any response,
Will Bozarth
Bozzltov
NU-Metaller

Re: Closest airport?

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 18. Mai 2009, 07:15

Yes, Frankfurt is perfect! But do not travel without a KIT ticket. Will be sold out.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon MightyTior » 18. Mai 2009, 13:51

Stuttgart is also pretty close, maybe closer than Frankfurt.

But I don´t think there are flights between the USA and Stuttgart anymore, or maybe just one of the NY airports.

Good luck!

Where in NJ are you from?
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Bozzltov » 20. Mai 2009, 02:21

Deptford. I'm about 10 miles south of Philadelphia. I plan on getting my KIT tickets from the Nuclear Blast German online shop on Friday.

This will be my first time traveling out of the States (other than Canada and Mexico, but they don't count), so I don't have a clue what to expect.
Bozzltov
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon MightyTior » 20. Mai 2009, 15:34

Cool, I´m from suburban Philly myself.

What to expect? Well for starters don´t hang in the far left lane unless you are driving faster than everyone else. :tong2:

NOT every highway in Germany has an unlimited speed limit (despite what many Americans think) and you will get a ticket so mind the signs, which are yes, in kilometers. You might want to do a bit of calculating before.

You can drink just about everywhere, but not if you are driving (well, as long as you are not technically drunk you can have a beer and drive at the same time, but I wouldn´t risk it).

Otherwise, the area around Lauda is one of the prettiest in Germany, and has a great old world charm. When the weather is nice it´s fantastic. As for language, don´t stress, KIT is plenty international and English is widely spoken. You´ll have no problems there.

Enjoy!
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Sigi » 20. Mai 2009, 17:27

MightyTior hat geschrieben: As for language, don´t stress, KIT is plenty international and English is widely spoken. You´ll have no problems there.

You can bet your ass on that!!! :yeah:
If we are drunk, we speak any language you want ... :lol: :lol:
Sigi
METAL GOD

Beitragvon rapanzel » 21. Mai 2009, 11:42

Sigi hat geschrieben:
MightyTior hat geschrieben: As for language, don´t stress, KIT is plenty international and English is widely spoken. You´ll have no problems there.

You can bet your ass on that!!! :yeah:
If we are drunk, we speak any language you want ... :lol: :lol:

Haha!! Well I've tried Japanese when I was drunk. Donb't think the guys had any clue :lol:
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon rapanzel » 21. Mai 2009, 11:48

MightyTior hat geschrieben:Otherwise, the area around Lauda is one of the prettiest in Germany, and has a great old world charm.

Ok, you haven't been in my area yet. Old castles everywhere, very old traditional typical German cities and landscapes like out of a fantasy movie!

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Forbidden Evil » 21. Mai 2009, 12:26

rapanzel hat geschrieben:
MightyTior hat geschrieben:Otherwise, the area around Lauda is one of the prettiest in Germany, and has a great old world charm.

Ok, you haven't been in my area yet. Old castles everywhere, very old traditional typical German cities and landscapes like out of a fantasy movie!

pff, that's nothing compared to the niederrhein/ruhrpott area :-D
Die Mucke

PUNKS IS HIPPIES
Forbidden Evil
METAL GOD

Beitragvon rapanzel » 21. Mai 2009, 12:29

Forbidden Evil hat geschrieben:
rapanzel hat geschrieben:

pff, that's nothing compared to the niederrhein/ruhrpott area :-D

Ok, the Niederrhein area is truly one of the most beautiful in Germany, without any doubt. BUT the lower Westerwald (Western Forest) Area where I live is also nice to visit :cool2:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon MightyTior » 21. Mai 2009, 18:06

I said ONE of the nicest places in Germany! :lol:
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Bozzltov » 24. Mai 2009, 16:44

I purchased my tickets and will be purchasing my flights very soon. All of your posts are making me even more excited. I play acoustic music, so I might take advantage of local coffee shops or bars... Anyone have any hints as to where I might be able to play?
Bozzltov
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon MetalHart » 2. Juni 2009, 16:09

What nobody seems to have mentioned yet. Do not under any circumstances go to Frankfurt - Hahn. You need Frankfurt - Rhein-Main. From there it's only an hour to the festival. Frankfurt - Hahn, despite the name is near Koblenz and almost 200 miles / ~ 4 hours driving from the festival.
MetalHart
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

Beitragvon Deathrasher » 10. Juli 2009, 14:10

Offtopic but I'm getting a little desperate about the tickets because during the previous years there has always been guys selling tickets throughout the year until the festival but now there's no tickets at the KIT shop, Hellion, NB and even Ebay currently has no tickets available! If anyone is willing to sell some tickets let me know!
Deathrasher
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon Thunar » 11. Juli 2009, 17:41

Deathrasher hat geschrieben:Offtopic but I'm getting a little desperate about the tickets because during the previous years there has always been guys selling tickets throughout the year until the festival but now there's no tickets at the KIT shop, Hellion, NB and even Ebay currently has no tickets available! If anyone is willing to sell some tickets let me know!

Don't get upset .... it's quite a long time till the KIT Festival. I'm be sure that you will find a ticket !!
Get your eyes open, mostly you can find a ticket-seller for a fair price on this board. Good Luck!!!
Far Far Far Away - Party Time - Every Time Everywhere....
Tyr(TWOS) (18:06) : Freedom Call sind so fröhlich, das ist schon fast wieder misantrop

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/thunar
Thunar
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

ZurĂĽck zu !! Offizielles Keep It True - Forum !!