CAULDRON BORN

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Re: Cauldron Born-Born Of The Cauldron

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 13. Mai 2010, 04:42

rapanzel hat geschrieben:
Cauldron_Born hat geschrieben:
rapanzel hat geschrieben:If there is one on this page who still hasn't got this CD, BUY IT!!!!!!!! :yeah: :yeah:
BUT I have to admit, that I prefer the demo version of "Crusader", don't ask me why :-D !

That is cool,but the only song I like better from the demo is "In Fates Eye A King" Did you like that guy's voice from the demo,rapanzel?

disaster: Thanks for your order. It will ship out tomorrow(Wednesday).

Howie

To be honest, yes :-D . I love both versions of the songs, but the demo stuff is 1% ahead of the CD versions. Wasn't that a German guy singing there? "In fates Eye A King" is still one of my alltime faves!

Yeah,Christian Schulze is German by blood, but he is from Brazil. He had a unique voice. He and I had quite different ideas about how things were to be done,though. What do you guys think about David Louden, who sung on...AND ROME SHALL FALL?

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Re: Cauldron Born-Born Of The Cauldron

Beitragvon tobi flintstone » 13. Mai 2010, 09:49

I love David's unique voice, it suits the dramatic vocal lines on ... AND ROME SHALL FALL very well.
 "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
tobi flintstone
METAL GOD

Re: New Briton Rites Song! Doom/NWOBHM Style

Beitragvon Storming the Gates » 16. Mai 2010, 10:23

Die Cd ist eingetroffen, Thanks Helle!

Gefällt mir gut, kommt meiner Meinung nach aber nicht ganz an Hour Of 13 heran, kann aber auch daran liegen das ich es nicht besonders schätze wenn ein Sänger auf mehreren Hochzeiten tanzt...
TOP 5 2020
1. Hittman – Destroy All Humans
2. Glacier – The Passing Of Time
3. Stälker – Black Majik Terror
4. Cirith Ungol – Forever Black
5. Megaton Sword – Blood Hails Steel
Storming the Gates
Django

Beitragvon TheLordWeird » 26. Mai 2010, 15:43

Right now I'm listening to the two tracks on Myspace, and what can I say ? Great not-too-slow-paced traditional Doom METAL with great unique vocals. I more and more come to the conclusion that Phil Swanson rules. Gotta buy the CD the next time the Gods of unexpected wealth and financial blessings are gentle with my unworthy soul :lol:
" Die rote TĂĽr - ich streiche sie ab heute schwarz "

- K. Gott

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/thelordweird
TheLordWeird
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Prof » 11. Juni 2010, 16:50

Sorry to say, this album just is not my cup of tea. As a cinephile I can see the Hammer Films connection, as a reader of weird fiction I understand the enduring fascination for Sheridan J. Le Fanu's vampire story. (By the way, anyone into that type of atmosphere should check out Harry Kümel's poetic horror film classic 'Le rouge aux lèvres'/'Daughters of darkness' and Roger Vadim's 'Et mourir de plaisir'/'Blood and roses').
The Lionel Baker cover is somewhat of a disaster, really, but apart from the first Griffin cover, I never cared for his work.
I do like Phil's vocals on the songs, although I can't shake off the feeling that his overall performance could have been a lot more inspired. Still, after listening to it again and again, I come to the conclusion that, although I like some of the stuff on 'For Mircalla', everything's just far too padded out for my tastes. I know that this penchant for lengthy compositions, with its sludgy and stoic repetition of one or two riffs per track, is exactly the basis for the doom genre. So let me not spoil things for Howie and all those die hard doomsters here on the forum, but finish on an optimistic note: one day, there will be a new Cauldron Born album. :smile2:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 12. Juni 2010, 20:20

One or two riffs per track? There are far more riffs per song than most other bands playing this style have. Also, what a lot of guys seem to be liking about this is there are more uptempo songs than really slow ones. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put a Reverend Bizarre album in your CD player and think it was Briton Rites?

Briton Rites and Cauldron Born are apples and oranges. Were you expecting me to release an album that sounded like a slowed down version of Cauldron Born? If you don't like this kind of music,why are you reviewing it? If I don't sell all of these Briton Rites albums,there won't be another Cauldron Born album.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 12. Juni 2010, 22:19

Howie, did you get the scans ?
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Prof » 12. Juni 2010, 23:19

Cauldron_Born hat geschrieben:One or two riffs per track? There are far more riffs per song than most other bands playing this style have. Also, what a lot of guys seem to be liking about this is there are more uptempo songs than really slow ones. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put a Reverend Bizarre album in your CD player and think it was Briton Rites?

Briton Rites and Cauldron Born are apples and oranges. Were you expecting me to release an album that sounded like a slowed down version of Cauldron Born? If you don't like this kind of music,why are you reviewing it? If I don't sell all of these Briton Rites albums,there won't be another Cauldron Born album.

Howie

I bought the album because I like your work and attitude toward metal in general, I never expected Briton Rites to be anything like Cauldron Born. If I cannot express an opinion about it without getting a question such as the one marked in red, then that is rather disappointing. And if it were a review, it would have been in the review section. Hopefully, you will sell all copies of the album, one dissenter among the buyers of the album shouldn't have you worried.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 13. Juni 2010, 00:32

Prof: I appreciate you buying the album,and you certainly have a right to your opinion,but what pissed me off was the remark about one or two riffs per song. Those songs have many riffs and parts in them,for the style,and they are probably better written than any other songs in the genre.Also,I hate it being referred to as "sludge". So,I felt insulted,especially coming from someone whose opinion I value. If it was just some lazy-ass kid who downloaded the album and said"This is old-school,it sucks" I would have been able to just ignore it. You could have just written me an email or a private message and told me all of this.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 13. Juni 2010, 00:34

Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben:Howie, did you get the scans ?

Micheal: Yes. I just checked my email and they are there. I will open them,then send you an email. Thanks.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 13. Juni 2010, 08:47

But Howie, this is a message board where people share their opinions. So no big deal...
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 13. Juni 2010, 10:28

If you only accept positive criticism you shouldn't release music.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Cauldron_Born » 13. Juni 2010, 11:06

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:If you only accept positive criticism you shouldn't release music.

I was just stating my opinion on Prof's opinion. It was nothing personal against Prof. He was being blunt,and honest about the way he felt,and I in turn did the same. Prof has the right to say whatever he wants, but I think I have the right to defend my music by saying that there are more than 1 or 2 riffs in each song. That was my main problem with his comments. This whole thing is starting to escalate into something unnecessary.

Howie
Cauldron_Born
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon rapanzel » 13. Juni 2010, 11:11

Every time an album is released, there are people who like it and people who don't. I think we should see both sides of the coin; that's why we have this messageboard.
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Prof » 13. Juni 2010, 14:43

Thanks for the support, SMM, Oli, Rapanzel.

Howie, the reason why I bought 'For Mircalla' is to support you - a musician/composer whom I have a certain respect for. It was not my intention to be insulting, as should be obvious from the comment itself. I think you mistook 'honest' for 'blunt' here. As I stated before, it was clear to me what this project was about, I had no misconceptions at all about the style and philosophy behind it. This style is not my preference, but still I bought a copy of your album.

As I had really dug into the material before saying anything about it (and for the record: I don't feel the need to express an opinion on every album that is discussed here), I fail to see the insulting part in my comment.
Now ask yourself this question: if there's only praise and applause across the board for this or that album, what does that mean? That everyone loves it? Or does it mean that the buyers who don't, prefer, for whatever reason, to keep their opinion to themselves? Dissenting views of knowledgeable people often make for great discussions, which is exactly why this forum continues to thrive. Perhaps you could embrace that as well.

Oliver
Prof
Traveller

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum