Issue 18!

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Re: Issue 18!

Beitragvon big mouth » 15. November 2009, 21:20

Nice, very nice. I hope you don't feature that many thrash metal bands anymore, like you did in your last issue. Not that i hold anything against those bands, but thrash metal is not the main reason for me to buy and read the Snakepit

Well I hear your point..I know it's not too easy for ME to come with a good balance between the more trad. bands and the harder ones... I do try to though..I Think I manage to come up with something equal these days comparing to some issues back where there was maybe TOO MUCH Thrash but this said isqsue 17 didn't have MUCH Thrash...
Okay there was DEVASTATION (TX), DEATH, LEVIATHAN.... not much for 23 bands featured!

I mean EXCITER, OVERKILL, F. VIOLENCE or BACKWATER have nothing to do with thrash..... like it was always clear (but became unclear by the early '90s when big mags started to mix everything) back in the beginning those bands were harder than conventional Metal but far away from Thrash.
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 15. November 2009, 21:32

big mouth hat geschrieben:
Nice, very nice. I hope you don't feature that many thrash metal bands anymore, like you did in your last issue. Not that i hold anything against those bands, but thrash metal is not the main reason for me to buy and read the Snakepit

Well I hear your point..I know it's not too easy for ME to come with a good balance between the more trad. bands and the harder ones... I do try to though..I Think I manage to come up with something equal these days comparing to some issues back where there was maybe TOO MUCH Thrash but this said isqsue 17 didn't have MUCH Thrash...
Okay there was DEVASTATION (TX), DEATH, LEVIATHAN.... not much for 23 bands featured!

I mean EXCITER, OVERKILL, F. VIOLENCE or BACKWATER have nothing to do with thrash..... like it was always clear (but became unclear by the early '90s when big mags started to mix everything) back in the beginning those bands were harder than conventional Metal but far away from Thrash.

You're right, it was issue 16, that had lots of thrash bands. Don't get me wrong, it was still a pleasure to read (especially the HELL-feature!!), but for me it was just a little bit to much thrash metal. Anyway, i'm sure the new issue will be great as ever, can't wait to get my hands on it.
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon nar marratuk » 15. November 2009, 23:15

Laurent is this WAR CRY that's mentioned on the cover a brand new interview or a feature? I haven't heard from Rich Rozeck in a while. I sent him a mail a while back but got no reply...I don't even know if his email is still the same.
nar marratuk
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon big mouth » 16. November 2009, 06:22

No don't let the band names on the cover foolin' you my friend.... it's a working cover and the names are from a previous cover so there's NO WAR CRY in issue 18.....

Yeah it's been a few months I haven't heard from Rich either..... I know I had told the THRUSTOR guys to get in touch with hiĂąm as they were looking for a good singer but apparently both parts didn't get in touch.....
big mouth

Beitragvon flo/thrash attack zine » 19. November 2009, 13:55

looks killer!!!
flo/thrash attack zine
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 22. November 2009, 08:37

Chris Cronk? Awesome!!!

Always wondered why he didn't last long in FATES WARNING and JAG PANZER. He has a great voice.
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon steelreign » 10. Dezember 2009, 18:11

Looking forward to it, as always buddy!!! Keep up the great work and let me know if you need any help!

Brian
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon MightyTior » 13. Februar 2010, 19:24

Any updates Laurent? Ready in time for KIT for those of us in Germany?
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon snaps666 » 5. März 2010, 12:22

Would it be possible to set up a wholesale deal at KIT ?

I would like to get a bunch for my distro here in Denmark.

Cheers
snaps666
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon big mouth » 6. März 2010, 08:41

Well I hope it's gonna be ready for that date...... I really hope considering the delay it takes for a package to come over from States to Europe..it's all in Yosuke's hands.... I guess it's at the printer right now...I know the 7" is done.
big mouth

Beitragvon MightyTior » 14. April 2010, 22:47

Laurent, Yosuke, can someone confirm that the new SNAKE PIT will be available at KIT next week?
MightyTior
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon big mouth » 18. April 2010, 09:42

No it won't..... it's just impossible..... I wish it did as it would have made sense with the SG 7" but it won't.
big mouth

Vorherige

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum