Morpheus Rising single released, and album plans exclusive!

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Morpheus Rising single released, and album plans exclusive!

Beitragvon MorpheusRising » 1. November 2009, 15:16

Hi guys!

I know it's been a while since we last posted on here but we've been really busy over the last few months planning, recording and releasing our first 'real' single!*

Fighting Man, which has been released in aid of HELP for HEROES and the Poppy Appeal, is officially released tomorrow (2nd Nov 2009) and will be available from ALL major online and mobile music sites including iTunes, Napster and Rhapsody etc. There is a CD version available exclusivley from Amazon UK (here) where it has been in the Top 20 Singles Sales and Top 5 Pre-Release Sales since it was announced last Tuesday! Not bad for an independent band, on an independent label, who play traditional metal!

As a result of this we are pleased to announce (exclusively on Sacred Metal!) that we are now planning for the future with a 2nd single release next year (late Jan/early Feb) with an album to follow in the Spring (late April/early May)!

We're hoping to release the album to coincide with our live dates next year, the first of which we announced last week.

We need to offer a big thanks to everyone on here who spread the word about the band when we released our demos, and helped us get the opportunity to record this single, and now to plan the album. It's great news for us and we couldn't have done it without the likes of Michael and everyone else here on the forum!

Thanks guys! And we hope to be seeing you some time soon!

* For those of you who were diappointed with the fact that our Demo CD was duplicated, rather than glass mastered, you'll be pleased to know that the single has been manufactured by Sony DADC here in the UK and is a proper retail CD.
Slainte!

Grae
MORPHEUS RISING
...resurrecting British Heavy Metal!

Join our mailing list here!
Follow us on Facebook and twitter (@MorpheusRising).
MorpheusRising
Linkin Park-FĂŒr-Metal-Halter

BeitrÀge: 20

Re: Morpheus Rising single released, and album plans exclusive!

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 1. November 2009, 15:46

Great news!!
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

BeitrÀge: 12509

Beitragvon Prof » 1. November 2009, 16:24

Funny thing, just a few days ago I dug up the Morpheus Rising demo disc again. Needless to say I'm looking forward to the full-length album with, hopefully, lots of new songs.
By the way, it was through the Morpheus Rising MySpace that I stumbled upon your melodic rock collegues of Breathing Space. The albums 'Coming up for air' and 'Below the radar' are alternately spinning in the player. Brilliant compositions, technique and vocals throughout. What's the connection between Morpheus Rising and Breathing Space, incidentally?
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon MorpheusRising » 1. November 2009, 17:37

Prof hat geschrieben:with, hopefully, lots of new songs

We have quite a few tracks in the final writing stages at the moment and should be able to pick and choose what we want to put on the album, there's some great new material and we'll be playing some of it at our shows from Spring next year... as well as the dozen or so songs we've been playing for the last year.

Prof hat geschrieben:What's the connection between Morpheus Rising and Breathing Space, incidentally?

Andy, our bass player, also plays with Mostly Autumn and Breathing Space is a project of Iain Jennings and Liv's, from Mostly Autumn. Another link is that Anne-Marie Helder, who was the photographer for our first two promo shoots, a solo artist in her own right, is also in Mostly Autumn and the band Panic Room (a great live act with a new album just released).

This is really where we get some of the other influences for our material, we have many links to some of what is considered as the new wave of prog in the UK (I'd agree with your genre of melodic rock), with links to The Reasoning (who we're supporting on the Northern leg of their tour next year), Mostly Autumn, Breathing Space etc, oh! And our guitarist, Pete, is the guitar tech for Steve Rothery of Marillion!

We're really amazed at how the single's doing as we've not received any airplay on the usual National stations which affect the UK Charts, it's all been internet and independent rock stations and blogs etc... the changing face of the music industry I suppose!
Slainte!

Grae
MORPHEUS RISING
...resurrecting British Heavy Metal!

Join our mailing list here!
Follow us on Facebook and twitter (@MorpheusRising).
MorpheusRising
Linkin Park-FĂŒr-Metal-Halter

BeitrÀge: 20

Beitragvon Prof » 1. November 2009, 17:43

Blast, it should have clicked when I read Andy's name in the credits. Approaching older age comes with lapses of memory, inevitably. Thanks for taking the time to clear a few matters up, Grae. Great to see MR doing so well independently. If I happen to see a few minutes (max) of 'Later with Jools Holland' on the Beeb, most of the clowns on there make me either laugh or pretty angry. Democracy and justice in the music industry and media, how's that for a laugh.
Anyway, hopefully you'll continue on this winning streak.

As of Thursday 22nd of October 2009, we have a Breathing Space thread here in the Hardrock subforum. Honestly, I didn't want to put it under prog, as Breathing Space's music sounds more like melodic rock (with other elements thrown in) to me. Nothing to do with the likes of Pendragon et cetera. It's all in the listener's perception, I suppose.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Prof » 6. November 2009, 13:14

Just giving the demo a spin again and I've got to say it once more: how I love this stuff. Morpheus Rising definitely are one of this year's top discoveries for me. Even if the demo officially dates back to 2008. Charisma abounds in Grae's melodic-yet-raw-enough vocals, compositions have that down-to-earth Britishness about them while at the same time creating an epic atmosphere. I mean, 'Lord of the North', 'Those who watch', 'Fighting man' are songs to dance to! Er, well, you know...
If total and utter crap like ---> insert name of any 'alternative' Britpop band here <--- gives you the willies and you love NWoBHM and the old school, you'd do well to check out Morpheus Rising.

The true heavy rocker's rolling riffs await you here:

http://www.myspace.com/morpheusrising

and here:

http://www.morpheusrising.co.uk/

Here's to the album in early 2010!
Prof
Traveller

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum