TEMPLE OF BLOOD update (Intense PowerThrash)

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

TEMPLE OF BLOOD update (Intense PowerThrash)

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 30. Oktober 2009, 06:32

TEMPLE OF BLOOD is one of the up-and-coming thrash bands in today's scene. Our sound is primarily influenced by the greats such as MEGADETH, JUDAS PRIEST, DARK ANGEL, ANNIHILATOR, HELSTAR, CANDLEMASS, and many others. If some of you haven't heard us yet, feel free to check us out at our MySpace site that is linked below.

It's been a while since I have posted any kind of update on our band so here goes.

All of us have been playing in our other bands for the last year or so. I have joined a local cover band where I am singing a lot of 70s/80s/90s rock songs. This has been a whole lot of fun and has really given my voice a workout! I think you guys will hear a big difference next time I record. I'm really looking forward to laying down some vocals on our next album because I think it's gonna be awesome.

I have started writing some new material but haven't gotten too far into it yet. I am dedicating all of 2010 to finishing writing the next disc. In the meantime I've been taking myself back to school on guitar by working on a lot of TESTAMENT solos, old DESTRUCTION, METAL CHURCH, and HELSTAR songs etc. Those are a lot of the guitarists who still blow my mind with their skill and creativity and they continue to inspire me. Maybe one day I will record a video of me playing some of these songs and upload it to YouTube.

I'm looking at making some pretty big changes for our next disc but I am not sure I am ready to announce them yet. I want to make sure everything is going to come together first and once the songwriting is nearing completion then I will announce it. I also have a tentative album title with some song titles/subjects.

I'm also trying to figure out what cover song we're going to record this time. I like recording these because they are a lot of fun and usually pretty challenging to pull off. I have a lot of ideas in mind but I am going to demo out a few of my picks and see which one comes together the best. I think this time we will try to do a new arrangement of an old classic instead of playing pretty much what the original artist recorded.

We are also happy to announce that our debut album "Prepare for the Judgement of Mankind" is being re-released on VINYL by Open Grave Records! We're very excited about that because some of us are vinyl collectors and can't wait to add this to our collections.

How do you guys feel about mp3 only releases? Do you guys still prefer CDs overall or just mp3s if they are a few dollars cheaper?
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Re: TEMPLE OF BLOOD update (Intense PowerThrash)

Beitragvon Siebi » 30. Oktober 2009, 11:23

Good news!

Temple Of Blood hat geschrieben:How do you guys feel about mp3 only releases?

An absolutely "No go"!

Temple Of Blood hat geschrieben:Do you guys still prefer CDs overall or just mp3s if they are a few dollars cheaper?

CDs with fine booklet and lyrics and (180g) Vinyl with lyric sheet as separate insert are my favorites. MP3 to me is only a good possibility to hear music while I'm being around outdoor or to get a first impression of the artist.
Siebi
Spaceman

BeitrÀge: 18470

Beitragvon Acurus-Heiko » 30. Oktober 2009, 21:33

I will not give one single Cent for a mp3. All I will accept, are LPs oder CDs, ONLY. And we make a difference between CD-R and CD - we do not like CD-R.

Come on and print your great new stuff on Vinyl and/or CD. I cannot put a mp3 to my collection. No Chance!

Yours Heiko
Zuletzt geÀndert von Acurus-Heiko am 30. Januar 2010, 11:17, insgesamt 1-mal geÀndert.
Metal is "orchestrated technological Nihilism" (Lester Bangs) and "heroical Realism" (me)

Bild
Acurus-Heiko
Metalizer

BeitrÀge: 6714

Beitragvon Loomis » 30. Oktober 2009, 22:24

Acurus-Heiko hat geschrieben:I will not give one single Cent for a mp3. All I will accept, are LPs oder CDs, ONLY. And we make a difference between CD-R and CD - we do not like CD-R.

Clear statement, I guess this will apply to most of us here.
Loomis
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 14219

Beitragvon Sgt. Kuntz » 30. Oktober 2009, 22:26

I think that was just a joke with the "mp3-only"-statement

And a good one, as well :lol:
Muss rispettieren die andere Kollega!
Sgt. Kuntz
Leather Lucifer

BeitrÀge: 8386

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 31. Oktober 2009, 09:51

It wasn't a joke but this strong response certainly settles it! :)
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Beitragvon rapanzel » 31. Oktober 2009, 14:39

Temple of Blood hat geschrieben:How do you guys feel about mp3 only releases? Do you guys still prefer CDs overall or just mp3s if they are a few dollars cheaper?

MP3's????? No way!!!!!! The same with CDR's!

Vinyl and CD's only!!!!!!!!! :yeah:
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

BeitrÀge: 20907

Beitragvon WCNOISE » 1. November 2009, 03:18

rapanzel hat geschrieben:
Temple of Blood hat geschrieben:How do you guys feel about mp3 only releases? Do you guys still prefer CDs overall or just mp3s if they are a few dollars cheaper?

MP3's????? No way!!!!!! The same with CDR's!

Vinyl and CD's only!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

but at work a MP4 or MP3 make all days better :lol:
[color=#0000FF]Hi buy and trade heavy metal shirts , patches zines , eps lps and demo tapes just send me your list [/color]
WCNOISE
Linkin Park-FĂŒr-Metal-Halter

BeitrÀge: 19

Beitragvon Metallah » 1. November 2009, 08:39

I need to have something REAL, which means that an MP3 files does NOT match my wants. If I need MP3 files, I can do them by myself from the cd I bought (for the IPod as an example).

MP3 releases are a no go and I am sure in this board 99% see it the same way. Yes, this board is really old school, not only musicallywise. I think there are people who would prefer tape only releases... .

M.
Metallah

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum