SHADOWBLADE - Canadian Folk/Power Metal New Demo Online

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

SHADOWBLADE - Canadian Folk/Power Metal New Demo Online

Beitragvon J.Kulakowski » 30. September 2009, 20:28

Shadowblade is Folk/Power metal from Edmonton, Canada. I may not be so accurate with the categorizing as the music crosses a lot of barriers, but I think fans of Folk metal or Power/Heavy metal will enjoy the songs. Feel free to classify it for me if you think I am wrong!

This four track Demo is leading up to a full length album to be released probably spring 2010. I hope you enjoy it.

www.shadowblade.ca Will take you to the myspace.

If you like the music, I invite you to download the tracks (Here). I have full copyright to these tracks and I am giving them away for free, this is not an illegal download in any way. Only cost is you have to show them to some friends :cool2:
J.Kulakowski
NU-Metaller

BeitrÀge: 3

Re: SHADOWBLADE - Canadian Folk/Power Metal New Demo Online

Beitragvon Quanah » 1. Oktober 2009, 23:47

A Big Welcome in the Sacred Metal Forum.As for the Demo i hear some early Falconer influeces.A bit Out of Place for me are the Black Metal like Vocal parts in the Tracks, they are not that extreme but i would like the Songs even more without them.My Fave of the four is Beijing Sunrise.Well Done .Keep up the good work and i am lookin forward to the Full Length. :yeah:
Quanah
WatchTower-Aushalter

BeitrÀge: 228

Beitragvon Loomis » 2. Oktober 2009, 16:59

Great Cover of Five Magics!

Regarding your own songs: Great musicianship, but for my personal taste you should get rid of the keyboards. I rather like the dark crunch like in Five Magics than some of your "happy" Euro Power Metal parts. :smile2:
Loomis
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 14219

Beitragvon MetalMolli » 3. Oktober 2009, 13:37

Really good music! I think the Black Metal vocals are quite cool, they are a good contrast to the rest of your sound.
MetalMolli
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

BeitrÀge: 821

Beitragvon J.Kulakowski » 4. Oktober 2009, 04:41

@Quanah: Thanks for the welcome, these forums seem like a great place. I wish I could speak some more german!

@Loomis: I've been debating whether or not to keep keyboards or not to be honest. I have never used them enough to justify having a live keyboard player, but when I record I really like to use them here and there. I will make the decision when doing the full length I think, just compare the sound with and without and see what sounds better.

@MetalMolli: Thank you, I really do enjoy the contrast myself, that's why I like to use them where I do.
J.Kulakowski
NU-Metaller

BeitrÀge: 3

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum