Which is the best magazine in GERMANY?

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 1. März 2009, 14:48

rapanzel hat geschrieben: [QUOTE=Stormspell_Records,1.03.2009 , 13:13:14] BREAK OUT Magazine isn't that bad but more for the AOR listeners. And LEGACY has definetely NOT the Metal Fans who buy your stuff, Legacy is more into Black/Death/Viking and Folk stuff.
And the German METAL HAMMER is really not worth mentioning ;)

Cool, thanks to everyone for the input! So it will be either HEAVY or ROCK HARD then.

Coincidentally, I just received a note from Boris Kaiser from ROCK HARD - he is doing an interview with Kenn Nardi for the next issue and I asked for advert prices too. I hope I'd be able to afford it.

This also reminds me, if there are journalists here which would like to interview any of the bands on my roster, please get in touch! Especially inties with current ones: ANACRUSIS, HELLHOUND, RAPIDFIRE, ELDRITCH RITE, CHEMICAL ANNIHILATION, NARVAL, LICH KING, etc. would be much appreciated! Please forward this to anyone that might be interested.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Siebi » 1. März 2009, 23:58

rapanzel hat geschrieben: ...And LEGACY has definetely NOT the Metal Fans who buy your stuff...

Wrong Alex, it's just me and a few of my open-minded "Panda Metal" friends. ;)
The latest issue #59 has a fantastic Grind Special and a closer look on the old Swedish Death metal scene. Not to forget the "Dawn Of Doom"-Special in each issue.
Siebi
Spaceman

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 2. März 2009, 04:20

Siebi hat geschrieben:
rapanzel hat geschrieben: ...And LEGACY has definetely NOT the Metal Fans who buy your stuff...

The latest issue #59 has a fantastic Grind Special and a closer look on the old Swedish Death metal scene. Not to forget the "Dawn Of Doom"-Special in each issue.

But it is not worth spending a huge amount of money for ads, that nearly nobody is interested in in a magazine like LEGACY.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 2. März 2009, 04:38

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben: But it is not worth spending a huge amount of money for ads, that nearly nobody is interested in in a magazine like LEGACY.

I agree. Legacy looks good for extreme metal releases, but mine arent such.

I'm also looking to spend a reasonable amount of money, meaning I cannot afford spending 4-digit sum on 1/2 page ad, which automatically excludes Legacy.

I got advert list for BREAK OUT earlier today and they gave me a good deal, definitely doable. I hope HEAVY or Rock Hard can match the offer.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Siebi » 3. März 2009, 00:19

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:
Siebi hat geschrieben:

But it is not worth spending a huge amount of money for ads, that nearly nobody is interested in in a magazine like LEGACY.

For sure. Does anybody put interest into ads in metal magazines? Bloody coloured pics with slogans like "... best the ... (<fill in a metal style of your own choice>) scene have ever seen..." or "... killer riffs, killer sound, a real must have". Uh, sounds like Helle. :lol:
Siebi
Spaceman

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 3. März 2009, 03:28

Siebi hat geschrieben: [QUOTE=Oliver/Keep-It-True,2.03.2009 , 03:20:01] Does anybody put interest into ads in metal magazines? Bloody coloured pics with slogans like "... best the ... (<fill in a metal style of your own choice>) scene have ever seen..." or "... killer riffs, killer sound, a real must have"...

That's what I've been wondering too. I mean it is quite an investment to put 1000+ EUR on some thumbnail pictures with very brief slogans and hope to attract enough interest to recoup.

I probably would need to sell 750-1000 CDs to deem it success... is it realistic to expect 1000 new sales from a single ad? I really would like to hear from someone who has experience with this.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 3. März 2009, 08:10

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: [QUOTE=Siebi,2.03.2009 , 23:19:11] [QUOTE=Oliver/Keep-It-True,2.03.2009 , 03:20:01] Does anybody put interest into ads in metal magazines? Bloody coloured pics with slogans like "... best the ... (<fill in a metal style of your own choice>) scene have ever seen..." or "... killer riffs, killer sound, a real must have"...

That's what I've been wondering too. I mean it is quite an investment to put 1000+ EUR on some thumbnail pictures with very brief slogans and hope to attract enough interest to recoup.

I probably would need to sell 750-1000 CDs to deem it success... is it realistic to expect 1000 new sales from a single ad? I really would like to hear from someone who has experience with this. [/quote]
To be honest, ads in these magazines do not make sense for a label like Stormspell for this amount of money. Through newsletters and forum activity you attract much more people.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 3. März 2009, 10:26

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben: [QUOTE=Stormspell_Records,3.03.2009 , 03:28:46] [QUOTE=Siebi,2.03.2009 , 23:19:11] [QUOTE=Oliver/Keep-It-True,2.03.2009 , 03:20:01] Does anybody put interest into ads in metal magazines? Bloody coloured pics with slogans like "... best the ... (<fill in a metal style of your own choice>) scene have ever seen..." or "... killer riffs, killer sound, a real must have"...

I probably would need to sell 750-1000 CDs to deem it success... is it realistic to expect 1000 new sales from a single ad? I really would like to hear from someone who has experience with this. [/QUOTE]
To be honest, ads in these magazines do not make sense for a label like Stormspell for this amount of money. Through newsletters and forum activity you attract much more people. [/quote]
Exactly.
I'd rather invest the 1000 Euros in a cool new release. I guess the number of people buying a release because of a small ad in a mainstream magazine like Rock Hard or even Heavy is less than 10.
Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to gust … wolde ye swynke me thilke wys?
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

Beitragvon Prof » 3. März 2009, 10:44

That's the main reason why most spezialized labels (like us from Melissa Records) keep out of the expensive ad game: the investment is higher than the pay-off.
Although it has to be said that the effect of paid publicity cannot be measured. People might read an ad, store it in their minds and buy a release six months later, for whatever reason. Then again, the same goes for a positive review.
The bottom line here is: do you want to place an ad in a mainstream magazine, to EXPAND your clientele?
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon holydio1 » 7. März 2009, 11:25

I agree with your last part, Prof. An ad in Heavy for example concerning Anacrusis is for sure helpful and makes sense if you want to expand. A lot of people are not aware of the band anymore, but they might know them from the old times and may be seriously interested in their great music (again or for the first time).
holydio1
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 8. März 2009, 14:22

I do agree with you guys. I was just hoping that by having an ad in printed media I can reach a lot more people which do not read forums and are not aware of my label.

But yeah, with ad prices which equal to a small release budget I think I'm going to pass for now. I'm going to send Rapidfire and Narval to be included in HEAVY's soundcheck - this and some reviews should be good enough for now I guess.
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Re: Which is the best magazine in GERMANY?

Beitragvon Irish Coffee » 5. April 2009, 10:33

DER SPIEGEL!!!!
Odins wilde Krieger aus dem Norden kehren wieder. Abgerissen und zerschlissen, dennoch ungebrochen. Holstein, Deine Helden wollen sich zu Worte melden. Voller Stolz und voller Wut, hier wird gestanden, nicht gekrochen.
Irish Coffee
METAL GOD

Vorherige

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum