Pre-order new TEMPLE OF BLOOD CD (samples inside)

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Acurus-Heiko » 28. April 2008, 19:18

Me too! Me too! Yours, Heiko
Zuletzt geändert von Acurus-Heiko am 27. April 2011, 22:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Metal is "orchestrated technological Nihilism" (Lester Bangs) and "heroical Realism" (me)

Bild
Acurus-Heiko
Metalizer

Beitragvon Prof » 10. Mai 2008, 15:36

It must be 27 degrees Celsius outside, but whaddya know: there's our friendly neighbourhood mailman and, right before Pentecost, hands me a little package from the US. It's the new Temple of Blood, yes sir.

Although I usually wait with posting anything until I've given an album a few spins, after a first listen, my first impression of Overlord is a highly positive one.
For one, this time round, there's a bit more method to the madness (better arrangements, clearer production/mix).
The new album will definitely appeal to those into the classic power/speed metal sound. Lead/rhythm guitar parts especially are extremely well thought out/executed. The cover of 'Forbidden evil' will make a few people happy (high-pitched screams included). The highly melodic midtempo epic 'Anthem to the unseen' I like a lot, too. It lends a bit more variation to the album, before the band pulls out all the stops in the closer The return'.

Oh yes, and Matt Barnes lists Adrian Vandenberg and Michael Schenker among his inspirations, that's a bonus point. :)
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Storming the Gates » 10. Mai 2008, 21:06

The Cd arrived today!!! :) :) :)

Thank You!!!
TOP 5 2020
1. Hittman – Destroy All Humans
2. Glacier – The Passing Of Time
3. Stälker – Black Majik Terror
4. Cirith Ungol – Forever Black
5. Megaton Sword – Blood Hails Steel
Storming the Gates
Django

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 13. Mai 2008, 01:10

Prof hat geschrieben: It must be 27 degrees Celsius outside, but whaddya know: there's our friendly neighbourhood mailman and, right before Pentecost, hands me a little package from the US. It's the new Temple of Blood, yes sir.

Although I usually wait with posting anything until I've given an album a few spins, after a first listen, my first impression of Overlord is a highly positive one.
For one, this time round, there's a bit more method to the madness (better arrangements, clearer production/mix).
The new album will definitely appeal to those into the classic power/speed metal sound. Lead/rhythm guitar parts especially are extremely well thought out/executed. The cover of 'Forbidden evil' will make a few people happy (high-pitched screams included). The highly melodic midtempo epic 'Anthem to the unseen' I like a lot, too. It lends a bit more variation to the album, before the band pulls out all the stops in the closer The return'.

Oh yes, and Matt Barnes lists Adrian Vandenberg and Michael Schenker among his inspirations, that's a bonus point. :)

Thanks a lot man!!!!!!!
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Schorsch » 13. Mai 2008, 10:35

No cd here, yet. :unsure:
It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock 'n' roll!
Schorsch
JOHN ARCH

Beitragvon Metallah » 13. Mai 2008, 11:15

Schorsch hat geschrieben: No cd here, yet. :unsure:

Hier auch nicht... . :(

M.
Metallah

Beitragvon rapanzel » 13. Mai 2008, 11:22

Meine auch noch nicht :(
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Prof » 13. Mai 2008, 12:37

To quote Axl: 'Just a little patience...'

The album has had more than a few spins here over the last few days and it really is one of the must have private press discs this spring/summer. Great dual leads and intense riffing abound. Overall, compositions are much more intricate and focused than those on the first one, that mainly relied on the energy and enthusiasm factor. I'd say that Overlord is far less of a thrash record than its predecessor, just splendid, aggressive power metal with tight arrangements, sometimes reminiscent of Aggressor's Say your prayers with better soloing.

As I'm an atheist/Darwinist, the Christian content of the lyrics fly right by me at 100 mph (the same goes for black metal stuff, by the way). But Temple of Blood (ever noticed those two spikes left and right in the logo?) have a way of being a bit more subdued in this respect than, say, Haven, Holy Soldier or Recon. Despite the good music, I have a hard time listening to those Haven lyrics about abortion and so on. No matter how many aeons of evolution we've lived through as a species, some people never seem to learn. There should be a karaoke version of some songs, so you can make up your own lyrics.

Still, I don't have any problems with ToB's lyrics, and the music speaks for itself anyway.

It would be interesting to hear Storming the Gates' opinion on the album here. Well, StG?
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 13. Mai 2008, 23:41

Thanks a lot for that review Prof.

Yes, I'd also very much like to read what StG thinks if he has had a chance to listen to it yet!
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon rapanzel » 14. Mai 2008, 11:12

Got the CD today, thanks again for signing, Jim ;)
An obscene invention of twisted minds:

Bild
rapanzel
Full Moon Fistbanger

Beitragvon Metallah » 14. Mai 2008, 14:51

Got mine, too! Thanks a lot!

M.
Metallah

Beitragvon Heavy_Metal_Maniac » 14. Mai 2008, 19:44

Still waiting...
Heavy_Metal_Maniac
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Prof » 14. Mai 2008, 21:17

Matze hat geschrieben: Still waiting...

Perhaps you could for once post something constructive?
I mean really contribute something, like a point of view, a complete sentence, anything?
Just wondering...
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 14. Mai 2008, 21:41

Prof hat geschrieben:

I mean really contribute something, like a point of view, a complete sentence, anything?
Just wondering...

Yeah, I agree to that. Abso-fuckin-lutely.
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Heavy_Metal_Maniac » 14. Mai 2008, 21:53

Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben:

Just wondering...

Yeah, I agree to that. Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Was ist euer Problem, Jungs? Ich poste nur Schrott? Na danke, gut, daĂź ich das weiĂź. Ich habe nur gesagt, daĂź bei mir noch keine CD angekommen ist. Morgen ist sie hoffentlich da, ja und?! Muss ich deshalb einen halben Roman schreiben? Sorry, aber soviel Zeit habe ich gerade nicht. Wenn ich hier nicht mehr erwĂĽnscht bin, dann sagt es. Ich kann meine Zeit auch sinnvoller nutzen... :angry:
Heavy_Metal_Maniac
US Metal-Kenner

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum