Death demo track "Seizure"

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon slaytanachist » 7. November 2007, 22:38

I have been accumulating everything I can find by Mantas and Death pre-Scream Bloody Gore. I recently obtained a rehearsal featuring a great version of one of their rarest tracks, "Rigor Mortis." However, there is still one track that gets mentioned as one of Chuck's best compositions, like "Archangel" from the same time period: "Seizure." Does anyone know where I might trade for or buy a copy of this track?
slaytanachist
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon big mouth » 8. November 2007, 06:21

The only time this track got recorded was on the 2/85 90 min rehearsal.... one of the very best track ever written by DEATH next to the incredible "Archangel"!!!!!!
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon morpheus_ahrm » 8. November 2007, 08:16

I have some old rehearsal and live tapes of Death at home - i have to check it out and let you know
In the days of darkness...
morpheus_ahrm
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

Beitragvon morpheus_ahrm » 10. November 2007, 00:10

Hm, i think i don`t have it, only the following tapes:
Mutilation Rehearsals 1986
Live at Ruthies Inn 27.10.85
Live Rubies, Tampa Fl. 01.01.85
Rehearsals 1986 (no titles)
Mutilation Demo IV 1986
Reign of Terror Demo 1986
Infernal Death Demo 1985
morpheus_ahrm

Beitragvon big mouth » 10. November 2007, 09:22

Live Rubies, Tampa Fl. 01.01.85

This one is totally wrong... it could be Ruby's Pub either 30/12/84 (supporting NS) or 9/11/84.
big mouth

Beitragvon morpheus_ahrm » 10. November 2007, 11:42

This is what i have on my tape, tracks:
Infernal Death
Summoned to die
Evil Dead
Beyond the unholy grave
Reign of Terrror
Power of Darkness
Slaughterhouse
Legion of doom
The curse of the priest
Witch of hell
Archangel
Death by metal
Corpsegrinder
morpheus_ahrm

Beitragvon big mouth » 10. November 2007, 14:14

Looks like the 30/12/84 show then....
big mouth

Beitragvon morpheus_ahrm » 10. November 2007, 23:23

then its totally wrong - 2 days ;)
morpheus_ahrm

Beitragvon Goatlord » 15. November 2007, 16:40

slaytanachist hat geschrieben:I have been accumulating everything I can find by Mantas and Death pre-Scream Bloody Gore. I recently obtained a rehearsal featuring a great version of one of their rarest tracks, "Rigor Mortis." However, there is still one track that gets mentioned as one of Chuck's best compositions, like "Archangel" from the same time period: "Seizure." Does anyone know where I might trade for or buy a copy of this track?

Yeah its on the rehearsal that Laurent says, unfinshed track but dripping with emotion and intensity the same sort as on the intro to Evil Dead or the fast parts of Legion Of Doom or the solo of Curse Of The Priest. Much more METAL than later Death and much more feeling in my mind. It just rips. I read an article from 1993 where Chuck said he all he was doing was paying tribute to Diamond Head, Metallica, Angel Witch, Mercyful Fate, Exciter etc. Well I thought Demons Flight, Mantas and Rise Of Satan paid tribute to the classic '83 era much better than ITP, Symbolic and TSOP did.

I always thought that there was a Rigor Mortis/Seizure rehearsal tape from August 1985. I thought Kam tried to work with Evil Chuck one last time after Matt and Scott had left to reform Genocide.

Evil Chuck may have stopped writing in the Baptized In Blood/Rigor Mortis/Archangel style since September '85 but Kreator (on Pleasure To Kill) and Insanity continued those single-note shredding riffs perfectly.

With Rise Of Satan and the "Emotional" rehearsal having been bootlegged its only a matter of time before Seizure is too.

By the way Laurent, what rehearsal was Rise Of Satan on? I heard it was a 4 track one from February '84, the second Mantas rehearsal after Emotional.
Goatlord
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon big mouth » 15. November 2007, 20:44

I
always thought that there was a Rigor Mortis/Seizure rehearsal tape from August 1985. I thought Kam tried to work with Evil Chuck one last time after Matt and Scott had left to reform Genocide.

It's the 45 min rehearsal from 7/85..but no Seizure on it..just foolin around with B. SABBATGH, METALLICA, DESTRUCTION, GENOCIDE etc covers mainly...
rece,ntly some of it was released as part of 2 DEATH 7"s bootlegs, part I and part 2..labelled as May '85 but it's bolloxcks..it's 7/85. It was with Matt, Scott and Kam plus of course Chuck.

By the way Laurent, what rehearsal was Rise Of Satan on? I heard it was a 4 track one from February '84, the second Mantas rehearsal after Emotional.

I would have to check my tapes but I believe it's on the '84 rehearsal from what I recall..... no months though...just 1984....
big mouth

Re: Death demo track

Beitragvon MetalMueller1807 » 13. Oktober 2009, 13:02

Shit, I don´t know these rare DEATH tracks... I only have:

MANTAS - "Rehearsal" ´84
MANTAS - "Rehearsal July" 84
"Death by Metal" Demo I ´84
"Reign of Terror" Demo II ´84
"Infernal Death" Demo III ´85
"Mutilation" Demo IV ´86

Where can I get these rare stuff??