Snakepit interview

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 14. Oktober 2007, 07:59

For those interested to know more about Snakepit... here's a recent interview I did with long time writer, Chris Forbes of Metal Core....

<a href='http://www.metalcorefanzine.com/snakepit.html' target='_blank'>http://www.metalcorefanzine.com/snakepit.html</a>

Feedback is as always welcome....
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon steelreign » 16. Oktober 2007, 00:49

Wow man.... that was absolutely great!!! I couldn't stop reading it. I learned alot about where you come from (and explains alot about why we share many of the same philosophies!). Totally killer and in depth. This is the way all interviews should be!!!! Great job to both of you!
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Forbidden Evil » 18. Oktober 2007, 16:11

Nice one. Very informative and in depth. Just like the Snakepit i-views.
Die Mucke

PUNKS IS HIPPIES
Forbidden Evil
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Purgatory » 18. Oktober 2007, 17:09

ey laurent,great interview!
now you know yourself how it feels to be bombardet witzh questions,hehe.
Purgatory
Haarsprayrocker

Beitragvon big mouth » 18. Oktober 2007, 20:55

First thanks for the feedback guys.. I was wondering if some would come... positive or negative I don't care, just want feedback for those topics!

Hey laurent,great interview!
now you know yourself how it feels to be bombardet witzh questions,hehe. 

Hell yeah! I couldn't believe my eyes... took me 15 days or so.... but yeah I know how bands feel now!!!!!! :P
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 19. Oktober 2007, 02:31

Good read.

You're entitled to your opinions, you have been around forever, heard it all, and paid your dues to the scene.

I agree with most of them but not all. I strongly disagreed with some of your reviews in Snakepit but I won't nitpick and argue with you about them.

Keep up the great work with Snakepit, the best metal mag around!
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon holydio1 » 19. Oktober 2007, 21:09

great interview. Congrats for your incredible work. Looking for the Acid interview as the first one was too short.....
holydio1
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Patrick » 20. Oktober 2007, 13:25

The answers to the questions are honest and straight, and I liked it, I agree with a lot of parts in this interview...
Patrick
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon CHARON » 25. Oktober 2007, 15:57

interesting and very informative interview done in the "SNAKEPIT way" ! The included content for the forthcoming issue is very promising! Maybe one of the very best issues so far - OK, this is my personel opinion based on my interest in a lot of the featured bands.

From different sources I heard of interviews with ASSASSIN [US/S.Fran], DARK LEGION and DEVASTATION (TX) for SNAKEPIT #16, so what happend to those ?
CHARON
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon Prof » 25. Oktober 2007, 17:52

Ha, Laurent, you see that your method of torturing bands with a zillion metalarcheological questions comes back to haunt you!
A damn fine interview, plus now we finally know what the Master of the 'Pit looks like. Give me your Obsession vinyl now or I'll break it! ;) I agree with you, though, things could get violent back in the very early eighties, lots of energy and crazy people at gigs back then, as I remember. It was all so bloody different.

I do not always agree with your opinions, especially on the newer bands, and I do think sometimes you're taking reviews to an extreme. But it takes a truly dedicated headbanger (I still prefer that word over 'metalhead') to do what you've been doing with Snakepit, so: never change!

Et à propos du 'pays communiste' dont tu parles: maintenant 'y a Sarkozy à l'Elysée quand même. Bon, il a son côté p'tit Napoléon, mais esperons que les choses vont bouger un peu. Franchement, la France est bien trop belle pour capituler devant les problèmes qu'on connaît. D'ailleurs, aux Pays-Bas, c'est pareil; toute cette nouvelle génération de racaille (leur paresse, leur arrogance et manque total de culture et manque de respect pour la notre) m'agace.
Bon, je me tais maintenant, sinon on va me prendre pour quelqu'un de droite. :)

Metal!
Prof
Traveller

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum