Your thoughts on that actual Thrash Metal trend...

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 30. September 2007, 08:46

Okay the last year of saw have seen the arrival of new acts -mainly based in CA - such as TOXIC HOLOCAUST, MERCILESS DEATH, BONDED BY BLOOD, MUNICIPAL WASTE etc etc... supposedly carrying the good old Thrash Metal torch... UI'd like to know your feeling towards that actual trend -guess there's no other word to use to describe this....
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Forbidden Evil » 30. September 2007, 11:12

I think it's great. When Thrash was big in the 80ies I just started to shit my diapers so that's a chance for the youngsters like me to experience a new movement, though the music's not new but I don't care because I hate this modern sound anyway.
Die Mucke

PUNKS IS HIPPIES
Forbidden Evil
METAL GOD

BeitrÀge: 1969

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 2. Oktober 2007, 00:42

I think VIOLATOR show a lot of potential but most of the rest of the new thrash bands sound not very good to me.

... but then again I think that about pretty much any other metal genre around these days.

It's cool that more younger bands are inspired to play thrash again. Maybe in time the quality of the material will improve.
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Beitragvon steelreign » 8. Oktober 2007, 04:11

I think some of it is really good and some is not so good. It just depends, alot like back in the day. You know there was some real shit disguised as thrash back then also!

For me, I will say that there is one band in particular that just totally fucking rules in my opinion, but these dudes are not from the U.S. That killer NWOTTM (new wave of true thrash metal - yes, I am coining the term right here!) band is EVILE from the once great metal breeding ground of the U.K., and the album is called "Enter the Grave." So, if you don't have it, and you thirst for some fuckin effective killer riffs of the golden age, these dudes have it for sure. Take my word on that metal brothers!!
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

BeitrÀge: 58

Beitragvon Patrick » 12. Oktober 2007, 09:35

I like very much FATAL EMBRACE from Germany, their roots are in US thrash metal, the band is killer, and there is a great cover of DEATH's "Evil Dead" on their last album...
Patrick
Linkin Park-FĂŒr-Metal-Halter

BeitrÀge: 23

Beitragvon Purgatory » 12. Oktober 2007, 10:49

there is some excellent new stuff around like Fog of War,Evile,Merciless Death,Fueled by Fire,Strikemaster,Bonded by Blood and a handful more.
the scene gets at least a bit more exciting now with more good old thrash metal on the rise.
as long as all those new bands are serious in their attempt and not only doing what already was done in the glorious days its fine with me.
Purgatory
Haarsprayrocker

BeitrÀge: 90

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum