LIVING DEATH re-releases

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 17. August 2007, 08:14

Columbia's War Hymns records have re-released "VOH" and "MR" on Cd, both having extra tracks ("VOH" coming out with the "watch out" EP and "MR" having live tracks) and real nice professional packaging.
I have a few copies for sale, 13 Euros inc. postage each. E mail me if you're interested at snakepit2atfree.fr (just replace at with @).
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Metallah » 20. August 2007, 22:28

big mouth hat geschrieben: Columbia's War Hymns records have re-released "VOH" and "MR" on Cd, both having extra tracks ("VOH" coming out with the "watch out" EP and "MR" having live tracks) and real nice professional packaging.
I have a few copies for sale, 13 Euros inc. postage each. E mail me if you're interested at snakepit2atfree.fr (just replace at with @).

Could you post some pics of the reissues? So far I only know the Shark Records reissues, which came out some years ago. How do these reissues sound?

Thanks!
M.
Metallah

Beitragvon big mouth » 21. August 2007, 10:50

I did try to post some scans but of course it didn't work -fuckin' computers.... all I can say is that they are pro done with liner notes courtesy of your truly, lyrics, rare pictures and the aforementioned bonus tracks....
big mouth

Beitragvon ShoveIt » 23. August 2007, 17:40

Is VOH the original mix or the remix ?
ShoveIt
Haarsprayrocker

Beitragvon big mouth » 23. August 2007, 22:03

Good question... I think it's the remix but I'm not totally sure..BTW the bonus on"MR" which were supposed to be live tracks seems to be rehearsal tracks..maybe the falmous practive Theaubauville heard back then! Cool sound anyway. a
big mouth

Beitragvon morpheus_ahrm » 26. August 2007, 09:40

The band was a joke in the 80ies, this terrible voice. But its a trend to glorify 2nd class bands from the past these days.
In the days of darkness...
morpheus_ahrm
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

Beitragvon big mouth » 26. August 2007, 14:34

The band was a joke in the 80ies, this terrible voice. But its a trend to glorify 2nd class bands from the past these days. 

Well the second half of your comment is TOTALLY correct... I can only agree with this considering how many crappy bands from the '80s are hailed as gods/ supreme Meaal etc these days BUT the first part of your comment I would disagree completely. It's true that "toto's" voice was a love it or hate it type of voice but the music was truly effective unless you're deaf... While "Metal Revolution" is so and so and nothing killer, "V.O.H." on the other hand killed forv the biggest part..only "nightlight" sucks but the rest is just a pure Metallic explosion as far as the guitar parts goes!
big mouth

Beitragvon morpheus_ahrm » 27. August 2007, 07:41

Hm, never heard to LD since the old days, but my memories are cheap production, terrible voice, ok guitar work and i preferred V.o.H.
In the days of darkness...
morpheus_ahrm
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

Beitragvon Frank » 21. September 2007, 17:38

I can only agree with this considering how many crappy bands from the '80s are hailed as gods/ supreme Meaal etc these days

Like Satan Jokers for example :rolleyes:

This band was playing pop music with metal influences, the members were so assholes that nobody could bear them, especially the singer.
I saw Renaud Hantson a few months ago in a live club, he 's still pathetic.

This band is a joke as well, but that's only my opinion, all that to say we've got all different tastes and sometimes different definition of what heavy metal should be. ;)
Frank
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon big mouth » 23. September 2007, 08:26

Like Satan Jokers for example 

This band was playing pop music with metal influences, the members were so assholes that nobody could bear them, especially the singer.
I saw Renaud Hantson a few months ago in a live club, he 's still pathetic.

Well I would agree with you to a CERTAIN degree.... i generally don't have much respect for people who starts playing Heavy Metal and a couple years later once the outfit is broke up they end up playing everything except Metal.... false Metallers and there's a BUNCH like this but on the other hand S.J. did write a bunch of very good songs no matter what and the musician ship was real high -I know it's not a proof of delivering grezat stuff but in this case thezy could combine both- the shittiest being some crap on the 2nd album but the 1st has great stuff and the Ep as well.... jeez comparing to real crap like MYSTERY BLUE, PONCE PILATE (who are hailed as gods nowadays!), STATORS, etc they were outstanding Metal!
big mouth

Beitragvon Frank » 24. September 2007, 10:01

jeez comparing to real crap like MYSTERY BLUE, PONCE PILATE (who are hailed as gods nowadays!), STATORS, etc they were outstanding Metal!

It's just a question of taste, for me, Mystery Blue is more in the metal spririt than the first Satan Jokers, despite some good riffs, please don't tell me that songs such as "Derrière les portes Closes" or "Tokyo Geisha" with poppy tunes are real metal anthems!

But once again it's just a question of taste, so I think it's a waste of time to talk about that. :huh:
Frank
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum