Isn't this a dream bill?

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 1. April 2007, 23:12

It seems my post regarding that yesterday show in S.F. featuring HEATHEN/ SIREN and ANGELWITCH (US version) left you all cold regarding the inexsistant feedback..
How about this one in two weeks?!
Bild
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon holg » 1. April 2007, 23:41

Yeah, Sven told me about it and I went totally mad in front of my PC after I read it. Godly line-up!
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 10994

Beitragvon Forbidden Evil » 2. April 2007, 13:23

Damn. So that's what I call a killer billing.
Do I see it right? Mordred with Steve Scates on vocals? Wow!
I would kill for such an show here in Germany.
Die Mucke

PUNKS IS HIPPIES
Forbidden Evil
METAL GOD

BeitrÀge: 1969

Beitragvon big mouth » 2. April 2007, 21:27

Yeah Steve Scates ! Which means they're gonna play all their early EXODUS like material!!! "There and Back Again", "the chains are off..","Mordred" etc.....
And Doug Piercy with ANVIL CHORUS!!!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL!
big mouth

Beitragvon holydio1 » 9. April 2007, 20:54

Anvil Chorus rules! Seems that all important Bay Area Bands wake up to do the live thing again after so many years. Greets from Austria, Laurent, keep up the fine work! (Heinz)
holydio1
METAL GOD

BeitrÀge: 1150

Beitragvon Prof » 10. April 2007, 12:09

holydio1 hat geschrieben: Anvil Chorus rules! Seems that all important Bay Area Bands wake up to do the live thing again after so many years. Greets from Austria, Laurent, keep up the fine work! (Heinz)

Welcome to Sacred Metal/Snakepit Board, Herr Konzett. Where have you been these last few years?

@ Topic: Anvil Chorus with Piercy, now that's what I call an event. Seems like the Americans have woken from a long deep sleep (music-wise that is).

Still, you can look with envy at what's happening in the underground overseas, but wouldn't it be just as cool to travel to KIT after all these years, Laurent? Killer billing for thrashers this time 'round, too. So Artillery aren't playing, I don't mind really. Destructor are a worthy replacement in my humble opinion.

Why you, as a veteran soldier of real metal (please note I didn't say true metal) avoid these landmark gigs in Europe, remains a bit of a mystery...
I can only attend so many gigs a year because of the money thing and some other annoying little problems, so I'm as happy as a lark to be able to attend KIT this coming weekend.
And by the way, I'd love to see Ulysses Siren again after that smashing gig at last year's Headbangers Open Air!
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon holg » 10. April 2007, 21:17

Prof hat geschrieben: And by the way, I'd love to see Ulysses Siren again after that smashing gig at last year's Headbangers Open Air!

JJ told me about a surprise when they will play the WARNING show. They will also be at the aftershow together with Wretch.
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Prof » 10. April 2007, 21:28

holg hat geschrieben:
Prof hat geschrieben: And by the way, I'd love to see Ulysses Siren again after that smashing gig at last year's Headbangers Open Air!

JJ told me about a surprise when they will play the WARNING show. They will also be at the aftershow together with Wretch.

Sh..., I probably won't be able to attend this year's HOA. The last two editions were a blast, though.
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon holg » 10. April 2007, 21:49

Prof hat geschrieben:
holg hat geschrieben:

Sh..., I probably won't be able to attend this year's HOA. The last two editions were a blast, though.

Sorry to hear that, Prof. I am really looking forward to it.
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon big mouth » 13. April 2007, 23:44

Why you, as a veteran soldier of real metal (please note I didn't say true metal) avoid these landmark gigs in Europe, remains a bit of a mystery...

Well I'm here sitting in front of my computer, trying to put together the last touches of that new Snakepit issue while you German ragers are probably all gone to enjoy that new KIT festival and I'm thinking about what you wrote Prof...
What's funny is the fact that some musicians in a recent past told me that they had met people in Germany who had told 'em that they couldn't understand how I could not attend any of those real Metal festivals.... very similar to what you wrote Prof haha!
Seriously enough the main factor that avoid me to go to those fest is the distance..if I was lving near the German border, things would be different... last time I went to Germany to see RUSH in 2004 I believe it was like a 10 hours trip or something, I know some would do 20 hours, 3 days trip for Metal but sorry, my mind is not at doing this anymore...
That's the main thing and the money thing as well considering the family situation (have to raise 2 childrens), debts to pay etc....
big mouth

Beitragvon holg » 14. April 2007, 08:43

big mouth hat geschrieben:

Well I'm here sitting in front of my computer, trying to put together the last touches of that new Snakepit issue while you German ragers are probably all gone to enjoy that new KIT festival and I'm thinking about what you wrote Prof...
What's funny is the fact that some musicians in a recent past told me that they had met people in Germany who had told 'em that they couldn't understand how I could not attend any of those real Metal festivals.... very similar to what you wrote Prof haha!
Seriously enough the main factor that avoid me to go to those fest is the distance..if I was lving near the German border, things would be different... last time I went to Germany to see RUSH in 2004 I believe it was like a 10 hours trip or something, I know some would do 20 hours, 3 days trip for Metal but sorry, my mind is not at doing this anymore...
That's the main thing and the money thing as well considering the family situation (have to raise 2 childrens), debts to pay etc....

Laurent, totally understand your point. Guess why I'm not at KIT? Talked with Lee and JT at last HOA about that situation. Readind about that AC/MORDRED/MERCENARY shows going on atm one is always thinking about flying over but ...

But, you are missed at HOA during the last years, to say the least ;)
holg
Sacred Metal-Legende

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum