WITCHFINDER GENERAL reunites!!!!!

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 14. November 2006, 19:44

From Blabbermouth:
WITCHFINDER GENERAL, one of the few bands of the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) era to opt for the classic early BLACK SABBATH dirge rather than the more uptempo metal of most of their countrymen, has reformed and is presently holding auditions to replace singer Zeeb Parkes. "Derm [drummer Dermot Redmond], Rod [Hawkes, bass] and Phil [Cope, guitar] are back together and it's official," reads a press release. "They start recording two tracks next weekend with a view to doing the third album. The band are currently looking for a vocalist to replace Zeeb.

How many would have expected this?!!!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!!! :o
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Prof » 14. November 2006, 19:49

Unreal indeed it is. But without the singer...
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest » 14. November 2006, 21:02

Yeah but at least 3/4 of the original line up is here! They should get Bobby (PENTAGRAM) haha!!!

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 14. November 2006, 21:07

If they get Bobby the ycan only play at American East Coast...... :lol: :lol:
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 14. November 2006, 21:12

Hell... i forgot this Oliver!!!! Anyway I'm sure they'll find a great singer than can fill Zeeb's shoes... and you can fuckin' get them at the next KIT!!!! ;)
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Prof » 14. November 2006, 21:20

Guest_big mouth hat geschrieben: Hell... i forgot this Oliver!!!! Anyway I'm sure they'll find a great singer than can fill Zeeb's shoes... and you can fuckin' get them at the next KIT!!!! ;)

Maybe KIT can go to the American East Coast.
:)
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 14. November 2006, 22:07

Prof hat geschrieben:
Guest_big mouth hat geschrieben: Hell... i forgot this Oliver!!!! Anyway I'm sure they'll find a great singer than can fill Zeeb's shoes... and you can fuckin' get them at the next KIT!!!! ;)

Maybe KIT can go to the American East Coast.
:)

I still cannot walk on the water.... :lol: :lol:
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 14. November 2006, 22:08

Next KIT is already complete and I also guess they need time to get the singer and get started...
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Irish Coffee » 14. November 2006, 23:44

big mouth hat geschrieben: From Blabbermouth:
WITCHFINDER GENERAL, one of the few bands of the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) era to opt for the classic early BLACK SABBATH dirge rather than the more uptempo metal of most of their countrymen, has reformed and is presently holding auditions to replace singer Zeeb Parkes. "Derm [drummer Dermot Redmond], Rod [Hawkes, bass] and Phil [Cope, guitar] are back together and it's official," reads a press release. "They start recording two tracks next weekend with a view to doing the third album. The band are currently looking for a vocalist to replace Zeeb.

How many would have expected this?!!!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!!! :o

I could... :lol:

Anyway, Bobby from Pentagram is just a wrecked person, he is only half alive...a shame, such a talented man...anyway, since the demise of Reverend Bizarre, mighty Magister Albert Witchfinder is free from all obligations now...
Odins wilde Krieger aus dem Norden kehren wieder. Abgerissen und zerschlissen, dennoch ungebrochen. Holstein, Deine Helden wollen sich zu Worte melden. Voller Stolz und voller Wut, hier wird gestanden, nicht gekrochen.
Irish Coffee
METAL GOD

Beitragvon steelreign » 30. November 2006, 01:02

Holy fucking shit!!!!! That IS simply unreal!! What a great bit of news man!!!!!!
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Patrick » 21. Dezember 2006, 14:03

this news can be interesting, it depends which new singer they will find and if they are able to come with a great album comeback...

No pessimism, it's just I become more sober in attitude concerning the return of eighties band, because some ones were disappointing or a disaster...

but I'm glad with the return albums of Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, Cloven Hoof, Adramelch, Tyrant's Reign, Warcry.us, Halloween, Nasty Savage for examples...

By the way, the Witchfinder General live cd was supposed to be released also in double lp, is the vinyl version put out ?
Patrick
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon snakepitguy » 21. Dezember 2006, 18:49

From what Yosuke told me the vinyl should be out next Wednesday!!!! No shit!!!!! From what I understand there's a limited edition with a 7" included!!!!!
snakepitguy

Beitragvon ShoveIt » 27. Dezember 2006, 17:25

snakepitguy hat geschrieben: From what Yosuke told me the vinyl should be out next Wednesday!!!! No shit!!!!! From what I understand there's a limited edition with a 7" included!!!!!

It is out now and looks fantastic ! Get it from NWN !
ShoveIt
Haarsprayrocker

Beitragvon snakepitguy » 27. Dezember 2006, 18:45

Did you get it already Shove It????
snakepitguy

Beitragvon Guest_MightyTior » 27. Dezember 2006, 19:05

Let's hope that Witchfinder General does a better job with their new singer than Witchfynde did..sorry to say, but it's just not the same band.
Guest_MightyTior

Nächste

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum