War Cry.US - Forbidden Evil CD

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon ROAR » 9. August 2006, 15:29

Hello Everyone:

Roar here from War Cry.US in Chicago, USA. First off, let's clear any confusion - I am the singer/lyricist/co-creator of the Trilogy of Terror demo as well as on Metal Blade Records, Metal Massace 4 with the song, Forbidden Evil. No we are NOT the War Cry/Tommi Gunn band based in L.A. - those are ex-bandmembers, that play a bit lighter fare.

I can't put into words just how proud I am to finally (23 years) put out the new Cd, "Forbidden Evil." The Cd simply kicks ass! The songwriting is top notch, performance & sound quality...bloody excellent! I hope this is what many have been waiting for. After a few delays it is available now by going to www.warcry.us.

Forbidden Evil track listing includes the following:

The Executioner (2006)
The Blind Leading the Blind
R.I.P. You To Shreds
Forbidden Evil (2006)
Wicked Warlock (2006)
The Church, Inc.

The Original "Trilogy of Terror" Demo '83 - REMASTERED

St. Valentine's Day Massacre (Instru-mental)
The Blind Leading the Blind (Radio version)
R.I.P. You To Shreds (Radio version)
13. ???

The custom artwork was done/created by Matt Lombard, famous for doing artwork for the great, "Cradle of Filth!"

Included with ONLY the first 1000 copies...a card personally autographed to you.

MORE NEWS: The live band is:
ROAR! - VOICE
DREAD - GUITAR
X. KROSS - GUITAR
A.K.47 - BASS
V - DRUMS

Thanks to everyone for their support through the years...we will NOT dissapoint.
This Cd is dedicated to the memory of Barry Stern...the metal community misses you my Brother. R.I.P.
ROAR
NU-Metaller

BeitrÀge: 11

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 9. August 2006, 15:35

Already got it....GREAT STUFF!! ;)
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

BeitrÀge: 17627

Beitragvon Metallah » 17. August 2006, 01:09

Yes, great stuff - essential!

M.
Metallah

Beitragvon Prof » 17. August 2006, 10:17

Still waiting for it to arrive.
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon big mouth » 23. August 2006, 08:50

Ripping stuff for sure! Get it! ;)
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Prof » 23. August 2006, 10:26

The other 'Forbidden evil' arrived yesterday. Man, this is crushing stuff all the way. How Roar & Co. managed to re-record the 'Trilogy of terror'-tunes and even top them in aggression and intensity is just beyond belief! First time I heard those three ancient demo tracks was only a couple of years ago and even though the sound quality on the audio cassette had suffered from years of storage, the metal shone right through. The Snakepit-interview at last shed light on that mythical act from the eighties.
Late last night I listened to the new tracks more carefully, and jeez, that guitar crunch is bloody well unbelievable!!! The new version of 'R.I.P. you to shreds' alone is worth the price of this masterpiece. This is the way metal sounded back in the day, this is the way this particular brand of power/thrash is supposed to be played. I was instantly reminded of the mighty Powerlord - another one of those gone-but-not-forgotten metal masters. Rich sent a cool note on black paper along with the disc, now is that old school or what!?
The track 'The Church, Inc.' annihilates EVERYTHING. If there's a couple of Razor/Exciter-fans out there willing to spend a few hard-earned bucks, then this one's for you!
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 23. August 2006, 18:50

"The Blind leading the blind" is so BRUTALLY heavy.... fuckin' sick!!! Rich vocal lines on this ones are just godlike.... this is exactly what HEAVY METAL is...no poppy shit ala HELLOWEEN or whatever... just crunching/ brutally shit like this!
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Prof » 23. August 2006, 18:53

Guest_big mouth hat geschrieben: "The Blind leading the blind" is so BRUTALLY heavy.... fuckin' sick!!! Rich vocal lines on this ones are just godlike.... this is exactly what HEAVY METAL is...no poppy shit ala HELLOWEEN or whatever... just crunching/ brutally shit like this!

I agree 150%!
So what's up with that Peaceville-reissue of WarCry-material that was supposed to be released, then? Just spoke to Patrick about it, sounds weird to me. :huh:
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 23. August 2006, 20:52

With speckman it's alot of blah blah so who knows really....
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Prof » 23. August 2006, 21:02

Guest_big mouth hat geschrieben: With speckman it's alot of blah blah so who knows really....

I thought as much. <_<
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 23. August 2006, 21:12

Oh, it seems I need this, hm?
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

BeitrÀge: 12509

Beitragvon Metallah » 23. August 2006, 21:39

Michael@SacredMetal hat geschrieben: Oh, it seems I need this, hm?

Yes, you do. Otherwise you miss a great piece of metal.

M.
Metallah

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum