MORSURE 1985 album to be reissued on CD

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 2. August 2006, 21:38

Yes that's not a dream -or a nightmare for some- , that "Acceleration process" will be finally be re-released by a U.S. underground label in months to come... expect a complete booklet with the story, never seen before photos and the 4 song 1984 demo as bonus.... a dream for those who got into the unique musical vision of this band.... more infos to come in weeks to come....
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Ice-B » 2. August 2006, 21:53

big mouth hat geschrieben: the unique musical vision of this band

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really can't believe that there actually exists somebody on this planet who's willing to re-issue this ... masterpiece :lol: :lol: :lol:

I belong to those who are absolutely unable to share this "vision", I have to admit.

But hey, are you (or is anybody else) informed about the price, collectors would be willing to pay for the vinyl version? I have one for sale, by chance...
"Out of all genres, Heavy Metal will always survive, because it's the will of the people" (Bruce Dickinson)
Ice-B
METAL GOD

BeitrÀge: 1821

Beitragvon Prof » 2. August 2006, 22:56

Ice-B hat geschrieben: I really can't believe that there actually exists somebody on this planet who's willing to re-issue this ... masterpiece.

Is it that bad? I remember reading the article/interview with that French band in Snakepit, but I must admit I've never heard them.
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon Ice-B » 2. August 2006, 23:27

Prof hat geschrieben:
Ice-B hat geschrieben: I really can't believe that there actually exists somebody on this planet who's willing to re-issue this ... masterpiece.

Is it that bad? I remember reading the article/interview with that French band in Snakepit, but I must admit I've never heard them.

Well, people will certainly tell you that they were "far ahead of their time back in '85" and stuff like that, but to me it's just very strange sounding pre-death-metal with a lot of blastbeat/grindcore drum-parts (played on e-drums! :blink: ). But that's just my personal view, playing death metal on e-drums back in '85 can certainly be called a musical "vision"...
"Out of all genres, Heavy Metal will always survive, because it's the will of the people" (Bruce Dickinson)
Ice-B
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Prof » 2. August 2006, 23:53

Ice-B hat geschrieben: Well, people will certainly tell you that they were "far ahead of their time back in '85" and stuff like that, but to me it's just very strange sounding pre-death-metal with a lot of blastbeat/grindcore drum-parts (played on e-drums! :blink: ). But that's just my personal view, playing death metal on e-drums back in '85 can certainly be called a musical "vision"...

Thanks, Iceman, that clarifies things a bit. It doesn't really sound too appetizing to me, But then again, I was never a death metal addict anyway (stuff like Atheist, Arch Enemy, Nocturnus, Morbid Angel excepted).

Now playing: Realm - 'All heads will turn to the hunt'

Could technothrash possibly be more crushing?

NO!
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 3. August 2006, 14:41

Well, people will certainly tell you that they were "far ahead of their time back in '85" and stuff like that, but to me it's just very strange sounding pre-death-metal with a lot of blastbeat/grindcore drum-parts (played on e-drums!  ). But that's just my personal view, playing death metal on e-drums back in '85 can certainly be called a musical "vision"...

Oh oh Iceman had alot of humor here.... well I wouldn't be the one calling this grindcore anyway.... Grindcore is AGATHOCLES, FEAR OF GOD and crap like this...MORSURE never belonged to that style at all... MORSURE were just a Speed/ thrash act, nothing else. They used electronic drums cos they had their own vision (yeah a vision) of the style they wanted to develop. Fact is nobody else never did that at that time or later on.... have you ever checked the bass lines? Or the lyrical content? You should my friend :D
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Ice-B » 3. August 2006, 16:14

Guest_big mouth hat geschrieben:
Well, people will certainly tell you that they were "far ahead of their time back in '85" and stuff like that, but to me it's just very strange sounding pre-death-metal with a lot of blastbeat/grindcore drum-parts (played on e-drums!  ). But that's just my personal view, playing death metal on e-drums back in '85 can certainly be called a musical "vision"...

MORSURE were just a Speed/ thrash act

Only as far as blastbeats belong to speed/thrash metal, which they don't under my personal definition. They are much closer to death than to speed/thrash metal, aren't they?

And sorry pal, I rather read a good book than check the lyrical content of a band which I don't like...

BTW, can you answer my question regarding the value of the vinyl version ;)
Ice-B
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 3. August 2006, 23:07

Only as far as blastbeats belong to speed/thrash metal, which they don't under my personal definition. They are much closer to death than to speed/thrash metal, aren't they?

Hell I for one hate those so called blast beats so if MORSURe would have played blast crap then I would not give a fuck about them so...it says everything.... <_<

And sorry pal, I rather read a good book than check the lyrical content of a band which I don't like...

Okay!!!!!

BTW, can you answer my question regarding the value of the vinyl version

Not that much compared to the second STEEL ANGEL album or some KILLERS album... I guess it goes for 15 Euros or 20 euros....
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Prof » 3. August 2006, 23:56

Guest_big mouth hat geschrieben: Grindcore is FEAR OF GOD and crap like this...

I don't know anything about grindcore, but you mean Lamb Of God, surely, Laurent? :huh:

Dawn Crosby R.I.P.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 4. August 2006, 12:54

Oh Prof...sorry this is FEAR OF GOD from Switzeerland circa 1988.... ;)
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon CHARON » 6. August 2006, 17:17

here is a link were you can download the MORSURE LP:

<a href='http://rapidshare.de/files/13282977/Morsure.rar.html' target='_blank'>http://rapidshare.de/files/13282977/Morsure.rar.html</a>
CHARON
NU-Metaller

BeitrÀge: 7

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum