ASSAULT -NY Band

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 4. Juli 2006, 06:13

If I'm correct the New York based ASSAULT released some demos or album back in the early '80S.... I need line up infos on this.... again metallic greetings!
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Cthulhu » 4. Juli 2006, 07:29

I just know Assault from Canada. But they were great! :)
Cthulhu
Sacred Metal-Legende

BeitrÀge: 10347

Beitragvon EricStav » 7. Juli 2006, 22:35

Hey Laurent. The only New York ASSAULT that I know of was the one that was featured in KICK ASS #29 (March 1985). The band, which formed in mid-1983, started out as a 5-piece, but became a 4-piece in late 1984 as they got rid of one of the guitarists. The line-up consisted of George Rude on lead vocals, Mike D'Amato on guitar, Fred Guillotine on drums, and Keith Traylor on bass. The band seemed to be influenced a bit by TWISTED SISTER as the pic of the lead singer shows him wearing "Sister-looking" makeup. The article doesn't mention anything about demos they recorded; it just states that they played alot of cover tunes when they played live and had about 8-10 originals. Hope this helps you a bit...Cheers!
EricStav
Linkin Park-FĂŒr-Metal-Halter

BeitrÀge: 16

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 9. Juli 2006, 08:29

Well Eric, I think there was another one which featured members who went on to form NYC MAYHEM...the mighty NYC MAYHEM..... any details on this?
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon CHARON » 10. Juli 2006, 16:15

I dig the the "metal days" of NYC MAYHEM and would be interested in further infos on the, since there isn't much available in the www (except the line-up).
So band pics, demo covers and articles/interviews/reviews in old zines would be great to see !
CHARON
NU-Metaller

BeitrÀge: 7

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 10. Juli 2006, 20:40

Glad to bsee some people remembering NYC MAYHEM...what I would call the one and only REAL MAYHEM personally considering how deadly was their deathcore material back then.... I personally would love to do a feature on 'em.... would have to locate Tom Caroll for this.... Craig setari would be cool as well if somebody can help me getting in touch with him via SICK OF IT ALL....
Guest_big mouth

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum