You know one thing I love about Snakepit?

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 12. Februar 2006, 18:33

Just one of the things I love about Snakepit:

Even if they have an article on a band I don't personally enjoy very much, it is always an interesting read. It's like watching one of those epsidoes of Behind the Music on VH1. I love to hear about how the music business treated em, the nasty tensions between the band members, the ups and downs of life on the road, their songwriting process, etc. I always like to hear what the scene was like back in the day from an insider's point of view.
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon big mouth » 12. Februar 2006, 21:32

THANK YOU!!!!!! That's what we were researching when we were the S-Team and what I'm still trying to achieve with every feature I do....
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Occam's Razor » 13. Februar 2006, 19:05

I agree, being far too young to have been there back in the day. Snakepit is so important to work up metal history and will be a source for future research when people should delve into metal history.
Well, once they get across the awful English, haha...just kidding...
Occam's Razor
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon big mouth » 14. Februar 2006, 22:10

I'm gonna try to fix my English for upcoming issues O. Razor! :lol:
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Occam's Razor » 15. Februar 2006, 21:24

It has charm, definitely. A lot of it might be due to the lack of a proofreader. It is perfectly normal in such a large amount of text to have some misprints and redundances, but I was actually wondering about your English, since you have been into the whole thing for such a long time.
Occam's Razor
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 15. Februar 2006, 21:47

Do you think my English is too limited or...? I didn't get it here O. Razor.... Before the texts were proofreaded by Matt Coe but I quickly saw that there was still mistakes -sometimes- in the texts so....
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Prof » 15. Februar 2006, 22:05

One issue worth of Snakepit is worth the content of a hundred other metal fanzines. It took me ages, for instance, to fully read the Dark Angel-interview or the already legendary Anvil Chorus-feature and I wouldn't have it any other way! Snakepit reading just lasts longer and that's just as well.
The non-native speaker's English of certain writers can be amusing at times, but in a way that just adds to the charm of the 'Pit as far as I'm concerned. And anybody with half a brain knows that loads of lyrics in the metal genre are often a lot more silly than anything published in Snakepit. ;)

I'm looking forward to the new issue, but I've got to be patient, as my copy from France has arrived, but is still at a friend's house. At last: the Realm-interview!!!!

To store my precious SP-issues, I even use a cardboard box that contained an excellent French white wine from Alsace-Lorraine - if that isn't both an appreciation and a quality statement, I don't know what is. :)
(Très snob, vous dites? Ah, tant pis. :D )
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 16. Februar 2006, 06:09

Ah Prof, you always amaze me!!!!! Wine producers would be happy to know that their packages has a second life- and what a life! ;)
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon Occam's Razor » 17. Februar 2006, 21:30

The prof pretty much summed up what I think - thumbs up Laurent, without Snakepit, the metal world would be missing something. And yes, I am still not finished with reading the new issue in its entirety. Resourceful to the last page.
Occam's Razor
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon powerofmetal » 9. März 2006, 15:19

the greatest cult metal fanzine on the planet!!
powerofmetal

Beitragvon Guest_big mouth » 9. März 2006, 21:24

Thanks.... glad you consider it that way!
Guest_big mouth

Beitragvon steelreign » 14. März 2006, 20:02

big mouth hat geschrieben:I'm gonna try to fix my English for upcoming issues O. Razor! :lol:

Yeah, I can proofread all the features for the new issue if you want me to Laurent! HAHA! I think I did a pretty decent job on the HEATHEN piece in the new isssue, though ... :)

Snakepit is like an encyclopedia of Heavy Metal indeed. A true resource! I still have every issue except #1 ( :( )

Brian
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum