15 years already..... good old Roger Patterson

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 10. Februar 2006, 22:47

Can't believe it's already 15 years that one of the most amazing bass player of all time in Metal is gone...Mr Roger Patterson.....
All HAIL TO HIM! Without him, ATHEIST would be still killer but not AS KILLER as they were.
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Prof » 10. Februar 2006, 23:56

big mouth hat geschrieben: Can't believe it's already 15 years that one of the most amazing bass player of all time in Metal is gone...Mr Roger Patterson.....
All HAIL TO HIM! Without him, ATHEIST would be still killer but not AS KILLER as they were.

I agree. And you happen to be the only guy ever - as far as I can remember - to put a picture of Roger in action (wearing a Helstar-t-shirt, no less!) on a magazine cover. I admit I was late in discovering Atheist (weird enough, as I am one), but better late than never. Their music is forever.
Requiescat in pace, Mr. Patterson.

Knowing your rather radical views on metal musicians' evolving tastes and musical direction, I assume you will skip the tour that Kelly and the boys are doing in Europe this Summer? It would still be a blast, don't you think?
Prof
Traveller

BeitrÀge: 11845

Beitragvon big mouth » 11. Februar 2006, 18:44

Knowing your rather radical views on metal musicians' evolving tastes and musical direction, I assume you will skip the tour that Kelly and the boys are doing in Europe this Summer? It would still be a blast, don't you think?

Well Prof, I'm glad they do that reunion because it features a quite strong line up -althrough Doug K. would have been a way better choice than Tony as far as attack goes but that's minor- I'm sure they can deliver the shit good..Steve certainly still kicks major ass..Kelly won't be playing guitar, too bad....
No that's cool...as long as they don't try to do a new album with the risk to ruin the name...NOW on a personal note I wish they would do this ONLY for the love of music....
big mouth

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 12. Februar 2006, 18:27

Who is Doug K?
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Beitragvon big mouth » 12. Februar 2006, 21:43

The mighty Doug Keyser from WATCHTOWER/ RETARTED ELF.... he's probably the one with the closest approach/ sound that Roger had.... no doubt (well of course Geddy Lee is also number one!)
big mouth

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 13. Februar 2006, 02:58

Doug is awesome, but I bet his tastes run a little too old school to want to participate in Atheist. He did turn down a gig for Death over money back around the time of Symbolic. Incredible bassist.
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

BeitrÀge: 130

Beitragvon Occam's Razor » 13. Februar 2006, 19:02

What about Darren McFarland? - I know that he was in The Last Things, but now it seems he ia only doing bass-teaching...
Occam's Razor
NU-Metaller

BeitrÀge: 11

Beitragvon big mouth » 14. Februar 2006, 22:16

Yeah Darren...very good bass player but like Tony, he simply didn't have enough attack playingwise for ATHEIST...or should I say to replace Roger..I mean if we hadn't heard Roger then those guys would have been considered as top notch players but they had to succeed to good old Roger right?!
Strange Darren left more or less the Metal world, just like Tony did.....
big mouth

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum