French metal Memory

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Frank » 30. November 2005, 14:00

Hi,

check this page:

<a href='http://www.hardrock80.com/PAGEinterview/Jean_Fran%E7ois_Bouquet.htm' target='_blank'>France Festival</a>

No matter if you don't understand French language, just look at the flyer at the bottom of this page.

What a great bill! :)
Frank
Linkin Park-FĂĽr-Metal-Halter

Beitragvon big mouth » 30. November 2005, 22:17

Thanks Frank for having discovered this... this cool! This guy was a main guy in Metal A-ttack mag back then and he had a TV show on national TV as well..
Yeah the bill was killer...second France Festival edition. But this one was totally KILLER!
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Frank » 1. Dezember 2005, 12:16

I have the videos from Killers and Square shows during that festival (professional stuff with several cameras).

Killers was very average (like today :lol: to my opinion), but Square was really a great live band, awesome!
Frank

Beitragvon Prof » 1. Dezember 2005, 16:01

What a great festival that must have been. I would've loved to see Warning live; their first album was a mixed affair, but the second one I still play from time to time.
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Frank » 1. Dezember 2005, 17:11

Hi,

the first singer of Warning: Rapha, played a kind of reunion show at the Raimes Festival two years ago.
He was playing with new musicians, but the show was shit actually, I guess he's getting too old for that kind of music!

<a href='http://www.raismesfest.com/' target='_blank'>Raismes Festival</a>
Frank

Beitragvon Stormbringer » 1. Dezember 2005, 20:53

Speaking of French 80's metal - whatever happened to the Sortilége reunion that was gonna take place a few years ago? Kinda glad it didn't happen as I'm sure they would have ruined their classic status!
Stormbringer
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Frank » 3. Dezember 2005, 12:06

The last Sortilège reunion show took place in Paris in 1992 or 1993 (I can't remember exactly).
I've got the show on video, that was good.
A few years ago, Christian Augustin (singer) played at a benefit show in Lille for the death of Chuck Shuldiner among death and thrash metal bands.
That's all I know.
Frank

Beitragvon big mouth » 4. Dezember 2005, 01:10

Well early WARNING was cool..first two albums with Rapha... but the 3rd sucks.... washed band. That show Rapha did as WARNING 2 years ago was a joke..the guy is a joke nowadays!

Yeah KILLERS were awful back then and nothing has changed..I had a bit of hope 2 years ago with an album that had finally some good riffs -sometimes- but again they've jumped on the crappy side.

As for SORTILEGE..the reunion took place on October 20th 1992 in Paris..awesome show. Now it's like impossible to have them play. Last time I spoke to Chris (as a German promoter wanted them on their bill), he said it would cost alot cos they have other things in their lives etc..plus Stephane lives in the states so.... there's really few chances to see them again.
BLASPHEME could be a possibility I think if there was some push.... now that would be something else than crappy NIGHTMARE or M. BLUE on a bill ...
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Frank » 4. Dezember 2005, 13:10

To me, one of the only french bands from that period, which can still play good music and make good shows is STOCKS (despite the fact it's not heavy metal).

Those guy haven't changed, especially Christophe Marquilly, who is still a good frontman, with the help of the new bassist Sammy, from the band Willcox.
If they play in your neighboorhood, don't miss them!

ADX can play good shows as well, even if their latest album is dispointning.
But they are disbanded for the moment.
Frank

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum