King Diamond should shut up....

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon big mouth » 28. Oktober 2005, 12:19

<span style='color:orange'>from Blabbermouth:
MetalIsrael.com: In recent years you have been working on the project KING DIAMOND and you haven't been investing as much of your time in the band MERCYFUL FATE, at least as far as we know. Are there any plans for continued work with MERCYFUL FATE, or are you planning to focus exclusively on KING DIAMOND?

King Diamond: "Time will tell, at the moment we are focusing on KING DIAMOND, and there are some very specific reasons for this. The way that the music business has taken a turn because of all the downloading stuff ? a lot of these sites that say that they pay artists money, well, they don't pay shit. They don't do accounts and they just sell it and they ask you for a license to sell it, and they have none and it's a mess! I think most of the labels have lost 30% of their sales, and that a big thing. And when it comes to MERCYFUL FATE compared to KING DIAMOND, well, KING DIAMOND always sold more albums than MERCYFUL FATE. KING DIAMOND always had better record contracts, more people at the shows and this and that, in general has always done quite a bit better.

"These days we do have a contract for MERCYFUL FATE, so if we were ready to do an album we could do it, but the thing is that today, because of how the scene is, it's impossible for me to live off MERCYFUL FATE. I still love what I'm doing, otherwise I wouldn't do it, I'd do something else. But I still love the music so much, but it is also a job. I'm fortunate to live off my hobby, you could say, but you have to put bread on the table, you know, and if there was only MERCYFUL FATE today I'd have to do something else. MERCYFUL FATE ? I could not live from. I can still live from KING DIAMOND, and since that's what I love to do we're continuing that way. MERCY might do an album if suddenly there is a time period where there is nothing to do for KING DIAMOND. Because it has to be like just a hobby, not a thing where I can take time out and do MERCYFUL FATE because I'll make no money in it. It would be the same like if I said OK I'm going on vacation for 5-6 months and have no income at all ? you can't really do that with KING DIAMOND, it's a different thing. So, that's the reason why there has been no MERCY for a while. It's the way it has to be with all the free downloading and stuff, it hurt MERCY more than KING DIAMOND. It became much more difficult that way."</span>

He should shut the fuck up in my opinion...just because he seels more with his own band, he prefers to concentrate on it.... really strange for a Metalhead....
What do you think?!
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon ShoveIt » 28. Oktober 2005, 13:10

yes, that sucks. I mean in the old days he had no problem doing albums with both bands reguarly, although the last 2 Fate albums were not that great...
ShoveIt
Haarsprayrocker

Beitragvon Ulle » 28. Oktober 2005, 14:56

It's easy to judge when you don't know the situation. The old days are gone, we have to accept this.
It's his life and so it's his decision if he concentrates on MF or on KD. He loves both, so what the fuck...?
Ulle
Sacred Metal-Legende

Beitragvon Prof » 28. Oktober 2005, 17:08

Ulle hat geschrieben: It's easy to judge when you don't know the situation. The old days are gone, we have to accept this.
It's his life and so it's his decision if he concentrates on MF or on KD. He loves both, so what the fuck...?

I fully agree. What's all this King Diamond-bashing? I prefer Mercyful Fate by far, but it's King's decision, and his alone, to do things the King way. And anyway, there's a mountain of old and new music released every week, he actually does me a favour not releasing a new MF-album. ;)
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon Guest » 28. Oktober 2005, 18:15

I can't really get the sense out of this posting - sorry.

To be a Metalhead is one thing but if you have to live from what you earn from being one, you probably have to concentrate on the thing which gives you the ability to live. Otherwise you could quit and do some an ordinary job.

I don't think King is a millionaire, who can decide what he wants to do, so it's his good right to chose between the two.

No question, I'd love to have a new Mercyful Fate album but I can't really judge on King, since I do not really know very much about his personal situation.

So I can only agree with Ulle and The Professor.

M.

Beitragvon Ice-B » 29. Oktober 2005, 10:52

Right guys, and by the way, there's too much senseless complaining and finger- pointing of this kind in the snakepit forum lately... <_<
"Out of all genres, Heavy Metal will always survive, because it's the will of the people" (Bruce Dickinson)
Ice-B
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Hugin » 29. Oktober 2005, 13:45

I love both King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, and I wish the man that he can earn his living by making his music. So I have not the slightest problem with him focussing on King Diamond at the moment. I don't find it strange at all, that King Diamond wants to earn his living. I would find it strange if he didn't. I don't like the demand towards bands and musicians to be "purely idealistic". It's a dream. They need to earn their living to be able to give us the music.
"It takes a thousand fans from any other band to make one Manowarrior!"
- Sir Dr. Joey DeMaio, 2012

Primitivsoundkunst: http://www.morbid-alcoholica.com/

2016 A.Y.P.S. = 0 A.R.C.U.
Hugin
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon big mouth » 29. Oktober 2005, 18:35

<span style='color:red'>[QUOTE], there's too much senseless complaining and finger- pointing of this kind in the snakepit forum lately...</span>

So I shut the fuck up...but you guys are welcome to bring on much moire interesting topics in there..
Still i can't agree with what King says.... I don't have tiome to ellaborate on this but it's totally stupid and to me it juust proves that the guy is only after $$$$ here. This is no factory business here, this is music. End of story.
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Occam's Razor » 29. Oktober 2005, 20:25

I'm the last one to piss over King personally or for what he says, but musically he's been redundant for years, I think...
Occam's Razor
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon Hugin » 30. Oktober 2005, 02:12

As far as I'm concerned, "The Puppet Master" was his best album with either band in the last ten years. So well, I can't complain.

But one more thing about bashing King Diamond that disturbs me is that he's getting cursed for being nothing but honest. How many bands and musicians do you think make decisions for commercial reasons but would never ever admit it and talk about growing musically etc... instead of admitting that they want to cash in on some trends or whatever. Making reunions for the money etc...

King Diamond has two bands, and I personally presume that he loves them both. Yet there's one that feeds him and another one that doesn't feed him. He feels like he's got only the time to do one properly, so the decision to focus on King Diamond is the most natural thing that I could imagine anyone doing. And he plays with open cards, saying honestly why he does so... What more can you expect from a man? I just don't get it. Honestly. I think it was Euronymous who once said that he doesn't get the idea that only the stuff that doesn't make money can be true... Me neither. Not making enough money for once in their carreer was what killed my all time favourite band. I wish they had been able to sell for once...

If the music he did with King Diamond was totally commercial and nothing like Mercyful Fate, then I probably I could understand people being angry or rather sad, like I am concerning Savatage, who are basically on ice because of T.S.O., but in the case of King Diamond "vs." Mercyful Fate, I really don't get the point. And I don't understand how one can actually blame an artist for trying to earn his living. I don't even blame Oliva and O'Neill for cashing in on TSO and neglecting Savatage that long. You gotta milk the cow as long as it gives milk. If TSO should be "out" next year, at least you can be assured that Oliva has earned enough money to cope with commercial setbacks in the future. And who if not him (or King Diamond) have deserved to earn money with their music?

That said, I also hope to get another Mercyful Fate or Savatage album one day, and I'm confident that I will. I'll give 'em the time they need to create one. Until that day will come, I'll be happy with Jon Oliva's Pain and King Diamond solo.

"the guy is only after $$$$ here"

... so you think he doesn't love the King Diamond band, the music and the great stories he writes for it? Well, weird... I'm pretty damn sure he does with all his heartblood. But I'm sure you know better... ;)
"It takes a thousand fans from any other band to make one Manowarrior!"
- Sir Dr. Joey DeMaio, 2012

Primitivsoundkunst: http://www.morbid-alcoholica.com/

2016 A.Y.P.S. = 0 A.R.C.U.
Hugin
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 5. November 2005, 07:44

It's the only band that puts food on his table and a roof over his head. It's a shame but that's the way it is.
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Beitragvon Storming the Gates » 5. November 2005, 08:40

Hi,
the Temple of Blood mp3's are very good. I'am waiting for your debut album !!!

StG.
TOP 5 2020
1. Hittman – Destroy All Humans
2. Glacier – The Passing Of Time
3. Stälker – Black Majik Terror
4. Cirith Ungol – Forever Black
5. Megaton Sword – Blood Hails Steel
Storming the Gates
Django

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum