Metal betrayers...

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Prof » 26. Oktober 2005, 13:49

This must be one of the most pointless discussions of late, guys. Of course anyone into underground metal of any traditional kind hates to see their former heroes change their tune (examples have been named in abundance here). But 'betrayal'?
Come on! They are not MARRIED to a particular style, however dearly you would wish them to be just that.

Writers, filmmakers, painters, musicians - anyone with an artistic vein can not be expected to stick to one specific thing. People change, so things change, not the other way around, although I agree that especially Americans seem to be highly susceptible to fads of whatever kind the corporate-owned media feed them. Then again, the whole American way of doing business, of SELLING things has taken hold globally and so, people not much given to use their own mind miss out on a lot of culture in general. Sadly, that is the majority of people.

As for me personally, I hated the change that many a band went through in terms of style (and stopped buying their albums). But I always remind myself of one thing: if you do not enjoy the thing you're creating (be it a book, a drawing, a film, a song), you end up being miserable.
And now I order Warrel Dane to get rid of that ridiculous goatee and reform Sanctuary. :P
Prof
Traveller

Beitragvon big mouth » 26. Oktober 2005, 22:43

i[/QUOTE
If you want to change your style of music, great, but CHANGE YOUR NAME ALSO, don´t deceive your fans, and let them notice with a first look at your new album that you don´t want them to hear your new piece of music, we can save lots of money, or spending it in a true and powerful Heavy Metal band that really deserves it.
[QUOTE]

I can't say it better than you did H.M. Holocaust...this is how I feel about it..... you have the same perception about it than I have except you put t into words!!!
Mameli is another perfect example of this... YES BETRAYERS that's what those dudes are..starting at first and saying around that they're the heaviest/ most metallic dudes around and a few recordings later...the Metal is all gone!!! Now if that's not beeing a betrayer.....
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

Beitragvon Hugin » 30. Oktober 2005, 02:43

Did they ever promise to you that they would never change? If so, then it might be betrayal. Otherwise it's just changing... to the good or to the bad... that's in the eye of the beholder. I for my part love "Demolition" and "Turbo" as much as I love "Rocka Rolla" and "Angel Of Retribution". I actually love Judas Priest FOR changing that much and FOR doing the unexpected so many times. (And for pissing of people that often... :lol: ;) ) On the other hand I love Motörhead and Running Wild for staying themselves pretty much all the way through. I like the changes of Rush and of Savatage, I didn't like the changes in Metallica and Slayer that much. Changes and developement can be fantastic, and it can happen not to please us. In the latter case, well, just drop the band, don't buy their records anymore. Period. Betrayal? Nah... they shall do whatever they want. They owe you and me nothing. It's their music, it's their life and it's their bandname... They may use it as they deem appropriate. People shouldn't take themselves and their opinions so seriously.
"It takes a thousand fans from any other band to make one Manowarrior!"
- Sir Dr. Joey DeMaio, 2012

Primitivsoundkunst: http://www.morbid-alcoholica.com/

2016 A.Y.P.S. = 0 A.R.C.U.
Hugin
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon Temple of Blood » 5. November 2005, 07:48

When metal dudes do non-metal stuff it's almost always terrible music then they come back to metal because it was the only thing they were really good at.
TEMPLE OF BLOOD - Intense PowerThrash Metal from the USA
New album "Overlord" out now!!! Features FORBIDDEN cover song!!!
http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood
http://www.templeofblood.net
Temple of Blood
Prog-Rock-Fan

Vorherige

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum