Blind Fury - Out of Reach

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon steelreign » 10. Oktober 2005, 17:45

What is everyone's thoughts on this lost gem of the NWOBHM scene (a.k.a. SATAN) ? I am curious to know since I just found a copy of it and it renewed my interest in that movement. Opinions?
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

BeitrÀge: 58

Beitragvon Hugin » 10. Oktober 2005, 18:05

Hey, a very cool disc, but sadly overlooked way too often when people talk about SATAN / PARIAH. It's the most melodic incarnation of the band, but it's simply great. Russ Tippins is such a great guitarist IMO. But I like all their albums regardless whether released as SATAN, PARIAH or BLIND FURY. In the end I guess I'm a real NWoBHM-maniac, and SATAN is one of my faves alongside BLITZKRIEG, WITCHFYNDE, RAVEN, DEEP SWITCH and many, many more...
"It takes a thousand fans from any other band to make one Manowarrior!"
- Sir Dr. Joey DeMaio, 2012

Primitivsoundkunst: http://www.morbid-alcoholica.com/

2016 A.Y.P.S. = 0 A.R.C.U.
Hugin
Leather Lucifer

BeitrÀge: 8241

Beitragvon steelreign » 10. Oktober 2005, 18:35

Yeah man, I agree totally. Way overlooked, and because its so hard to find these days, it may continue to be one of those lost hidden gems of that time!

I was wondering your opinion on the different vocalists, Brian Ross versus Lou Taylor (Persian Risk)? This to me is the argument for some people, stating allegiance to one or the other, but personally, I like them both.
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon big mouth » 10. Oktober 2005, 21:01

Well there's no doubt in my mind that B.F. album is the weakest thing thpose guys have put out as SATAN/B. FURY but still I would rate it higher than trhe first two PARIAH albums somehow. Still there's no doubt in my mind -either-that Brian Ross just blows away anyday Lou Taylor..I don't think he ever brought good things in SATAN... after all he's the one predominantly that got them going commercial in part...
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon Hugin » 10. Oktober 2005, 22:38

I like them both. Lou Taylor is cool, but on the other hand, I also got to say that I much prefer Brian Ross, who's definitely one of my all time favourite vocalists with any project or band that he has contributed to. Brian Ross rules!!!

Hugin
Leather Lucifer

Beitragvon big mouth » 10. Oktober 2005, 22:48

Oh yeah he truly does! Expect a HUGE feature with him in issue 15!!!!! Finally the feature that i wanted on him!
big mouth
Progressive-Metal-Sammler

BeitrÀge: 419

Beitragvon steelreign » 11. Oktober 2005, 14:43

I agree with you both. I love Brian Ross, but I can't say I dislike the vocals of Taylor, even though you are correct in saying that he took them in a more commercial direction. One thing I cannot discount is the godliness of Russ Tippins guitar playing. He could play for Bon Jovi and I would like it.... haha! Hell yeah - SATAN rules!!
steelreign
St.Anger-Gutfinder

Beitragvon Hugin » 11. Oktober 2005, 15:25

We shouldn't forget about Michael J. Jackson either. He's also a very cool vocalist. I also liked the more thrashy approach they had on the first two Pariah-discs.

Hugin
Leather Lucifer

ZurĂŒck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum