Venom Assaults

Fans and Musicians who can't read/understand German but want to contribute to this page - here's your sacred place!

Here you can also find the official SNAKEPIT forum entries...

Beitragvon Heavy Metal Holocaust » 22. September 2005, 16:03

I am a great fan of the great Venom, a band with lots of compilations, singles, EP´s and all kind of material to collect, but there is a special part of the Venom collection in which I am very curious, the classic and mythical assaults series.
I know for sure that this are really released.
Scandinavian Assault
German Assault,
Japanese Assault
American Assault
Canadian Assault
French Assault
But a month ago, I found in the Metal Market of a festival Belgian Assault. The cover is very similar to the French Assault, a picture of Venom in the middle of a belgian flag (very similar to the French Assault cover). I didn´t know anything about this album, didn´t know that this EP existed. Since I saw the EP, I have been searching for it in catalogues, several discographies of the band or personal collections but it seems that nobody knows nothing about this curious EP.
Can someone of you throw some clarity on this subject?
Another question I have for all of you:
Does really Italian Assault exists?
I have seen the album in several discographies, but none of them features any cover or track list, so I have serious doubts about the release of this particular EP.
Another fact is that none of the personal collections I have been searching through owns the EP, so I really would like to know if this EP really exists.
Wait your answers and opinions, let´s talk about the mighty Newcastle trio.

Heavy Metal Shall Dominate!!!!!
Heavy Metal Holocaust
NU-Metaller

Beitragvon ShoveIt » 24. September 2005, 08:21

The Belgian Assault is not official, but a bootleg released a few month ago. There is also a 7" bootleg called "Newcastle Assault" out there, limited to 336 copies. As for the Italian Assault, I have a copy on CD, the tracklist is:

1. Senile Decay
2. Witching Hour (live)
3. Satanachist
4. Buried Alive (live)
5. Poison
6. Witching Hour (live)
ShoveIt
Haarsprayrocker

ZurĂĽck zu English speaking SACRED METAL-Forum