Hour Of 13!

Hier seht ihr Neuigkeiten rund um die Sacred Metal-Page

Beitragvon MetalHart » 16. April 2008, 14:02

Goatstorm hat geschrieben:
MetalGospel hat geschrieben:
Goatstorm hat geschrieben: Phil ist übrigens nach wie vor unverändert bei Hour of 13. Die Meldung, er sei ausgestiegen, war eine Ente. Demnächst fangen sie mit den Aufnahmen für die neue Full-length an.

Und wer bringt die raus...? :D

:rolleyes:

B)
MetalHart
Villain-EP-Original-Besitzer

Beitragvon Bombadil » 16. April 2008, 22:08

Goatstorm hat geschrieben: Phil ist übrigens nach wie vor unverändert bei Hour of 13. Die Meldung, er sei ausgestiegen, war eine Ente. Demnächst fangen sie mit den Aufnahmen für die neue Full-length an.

Und wer bringt die raus...? :D

:rolleyes:

B)

:)
Men can not suffer enough for his sins
Men can not suffer enough for the nails.

Ich wollte einen Auftrag und um aller meiner SĂĽnden willen gaben sie mir einen.
Bombadil
Kuttenträger

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 26. April 2008, 11:07

I wish I had enough cash to offer the advanced payment required for Ho13 to record their upcoming album before the studio gets closed :(
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 26. April 2008, 11:12

Stormspell_Records hat geschrieben: I wish I had enough cash to offer the advanced payment required for Ho13 to record their upcoming album before the studio gets closed :(

Yeah, it's a shame. The production of the debut album was really great. But as far as I know, they're still in the process of writing. So I guess, it would still take some more time before they could enter the studio anyway.
Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to gust … wolde ye swynke me thilke wys?
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

Beitragvon Stormspell_Records » 26. April 2008, 11:25

Right, but they are pushing very hard to make it and record before the studio closes down. Corey works in the studio and they can get the absolute best out of it, especially now with the past experience from the first album under their belt.

You can hear the difference in the sound from their self-recorded new demo song, and the songs from the debut album on their myspace player. Dave Harris did awesome job on mastering the debut of course, but one definitely have to have a good solid basis to achieve the final result.
The home of metal: http://www.stormspell.com
Stormspell_Records
US Metal-Kenner

Beitragvon Rantanplan » 15. Juni 2008, 10:34

So, Shadow Kingdom Records und Hour Of 13 gehen ab jetzt getrennte Wege:

Well as much as I never wanted to make anything public about HOUR OF 13, Phil Swanson has done everything in his power to make me come out against him and his attacks against me in an interview and now a blog post on his queerspace page.

So here's the deal. I BEGGED HOUR OF 13 for a contract regarding the release, and Chad said, no man, we're not BLOOD CEREMONY, don't worry about it. It's your record man, do whatever you wish, if you have to have the copyrights to make it easier on you, go ahead, etc... don't listen to Phil, ignore him, do whatever you need to do. So I explained to Chad all the things I was gonna do for this project, media promotion, I needed ISRC codes on the master for digital distribution, etc. He said and I quote, "WE WANT IT ALL, NO QUESTIONS ASKED"., blah blah blah. SO I SPENT THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS on promotion, pressing plants, recording, mastering, not to mention my TIME I'm never gonna get back. And guess what? They don't want me to re-press the vinyl even though I explained to him prior that I was pressing 500 to START, then pressing another 500 later.. and I even pressed extra jackets to cover thatm (now what the fuck am I gonna do with all these extra jackets, is HOUR OF 13 gonna pay for these? ). Then all of a sudden I get an email saying they want to go back on their word and NOT press anymore LPs because they want their record to be rare. You know how much of a poseur/elitest you sound saying something stupid like that? Then I worked hours on getting this all set up on digital distribution and shoot them an email saying hey guys I got more exposure for you, that's what you want, right? You can now pay to download your stuff on ITUNES. So Phil writes to me this:

We are an underground metal band, we dont want to be apart of the digital process. If people are sharing it between themselves that is fine with us as you are aware they do already on thrashmageddon and the blogspots. This is unavoidable and to us as important of the scene as compared to tape trading. Our agreement with you was for one press of the CD and LP, nothing more at this time. Anything more will have to be renegociated and right now we are just enjoying the success of this release. We are not looking to flood the world with an overdistributed digital product, just release it into the underground. We dont see digital download sales as a legitimate form of release and dont want our material part of that process. It cheapens everything we have done. Itunes is for the mainstream and not want we want for Hour of 13. You dont have the rights to place our music on download, you have the rights for the one press release of the CD and LP only. If the music was to be put into digital download it could only be done by us.

So lemme break these statements apart:

Quote:
"We are an underground metal band "

Really? They why do you want to be in Decible and Metal Maniacs? Real TRUE, ORIGINAL, OCCULT underground metal bands don't run around saying how underground they are. They just are.... espically if you have a myspace page, you're not underground anymore.

Quote:
"we dont want to be apart of the digital process."

Then why do you release digital CDs, record your albums to digital? Then get the fuck of queer space and record analog and vinyl only if you're so anti digital.... fucking hypocrites.

Quote:
"If people are sharing it between themselves that is fine with us as you are aware they do already on thrashmageddon and the blogspots. This is unavoidable and to us as important of the scene as compared to tape trading. "

Oh, ok... it's ok to give MY LABEL pressing that I paid for away for FREE, but not ok for me to SELL IT???? I've never met a more egotistical prick in my life.

Quote:
"Our agreement with you was for one press of the CD and LP, nothing more at this time"

Oh really? My agreement was that I heard you guys were cool and not like BLOOD CEREMONY and to do whatever I want with the release as it's MY FUCKING RISK and MONEY, not yours... so just sing you over the hill - mid life crisis egotistical prick! Where were you in the 90's when DOOM was booming? Poseur. Looks like you are another BLOOD CEREMONY. BLOOD CEREMONY USED ME FOR MY PROMOTION, then DUMPED ME... that's exactly what you are and did with me.

Quote:
"Anything more will have to be renegociated and right now we are just enjoying the success of this release."

Oh really? You're enjoying MY HARD WORK to get you into all your "success". I didn't know TRUE, ORIGINAL, OCCULT bands had success. I thought they were UNDERGROUND as you say.

Quote:
"We are not looking to flood the world with an overdistributed digital product, just release it into the underground."

Oh, really? That is the definition of PROMOTION, you know, the stuff you said you wanted me to do? The work I do for you for FREE.

Quote:
"We dont see digital download sales as a legitimate form of release and dont want our material part of that process. It cheapens everything we have done."

Why, cause you're so underground, true, and occult for the rest of us? Why didn't you just release it on your own like all REAL underground DIY bands do?

Quote:
"You dont have the rights to place our music on download, you have the rights for the one press release of the CD and LP only. If the music was to be put into digital download it could only be done by us "

I don't know anything about you guys anymore, you change your tone with me on every encounter I have with you and none of this would have every been a problem if you would have signed a contract.

Der normale Text setzt sich jetzt fort:

If anything, I think anyone with any sense can see right though HOUR OF 13 and how transparent they and espically Phil Swanson. I say let's boycott HOUR OF 13. I really hope everyone boycotts your next record, cause I will. I've put too much time and money in trying to promote a band that doesn't appreciate it and pulls the underground card out on me. If anyone should be pulling the underground card out it's ME! I should be pulling it out on you. Like I said where were you guys 10-15 years ago if you're so DOOM, TRUE, UNDERGROUND and CULT? Sounds like you're both poseurs and cowards for not returning my emails or phone calls.

I hearby grant back all the rights to HOUR OF 13 and their poseur record where they completely stole a riff off of SAD WINGS OF DESTINY (anyway) and I will admit I was fooled by them and found out they are nothing but TRUE POSEURS.

And I can't believe they had the nerve to ask me for money for them to go to the DOOM fest in Europe, but won't allow me to press more records to raise the money.

I think people are going to realise how transparent you both are.

I would appreciate if my label friends that I always support and work with to NOT have anything to do with HOUR OF 13.... if anyone of my label friends would ask me to do this for them, I would show my loyality.

So now instead of selling a the fucking record, they're gonna give it away to anyone who wants it for free. You guys really have a lot of nerve after all the hard work I put into this. And thus why I had to go public even though I wanted to just work it out with you pricks.

Oh and btw, more proof that you're poseurs incase you forgot... any real and TRUE DOOM band wouldn't be asking Denis of Sentinel Steel Records for an album deal on your next record.

Now I need to focus on the bands that really do appreciate the work, promotion, and money I spend on them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tja Leute, sieht wohl übel aus mit dem nächsten Hour OF 13 Scheibchen. Find ich sehr schade, dass sie so überheblich geworden sind.
Rantanplan

Beitragvon Michael@SacredMetal » 15. Juni 2008, 10:37

Oh weia....
For all the words unspoken, for all the deeds undone,
for all our shattered dreams, for all the songs unsung,
for all the lines unwritten and all our broken hearts,
for all our wounds still bleeding and all our kingdoms come.
Michael@SacredMetal
M e r c y f u l F a t e

Beitragvon Johnny_Cool » 15. Juni 2008, 10:59

Lächerlich... für Phil würd ich jederzeit meine Hand ins Feuer legen und dass Tim sich (mal wieder) als Drama Queen aufspielt wird langsam irgendwie zum Running Gag. Worüber beschwert er sich denn, wenn die CDs und LPs ausverkauft sind, dann hat er seine Kohle doch 10x wieder drinnen.

Und wo sind denn die hunderte oder tausende Dollar die er immer fĂĽr Promotion ausgibt. Ich hab bisher weder 'ne Blood Ceremony noch 'ne Hour Of 13 noch sonstwas Anzeige irgendwo gesehen... aber egal...

Und warum lässt er bitte hunderte zusätzliche Cover herstellen und stellt die Songs bei ITunes zum Download bereit OHNE dass er die Rechte dafür hat oder die Band vorher nach ihrer Meinung dazu gefragt hat?

Tut mir leid, aber inzwischen kann man ja schon förmlich die Uhr danach stellen, wann Tim sich mal wieder über's Ohr gehauen und ungerecht behandelt fühlt, der sollte einfach mal den Ball ein bisschen flacher halten...
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>I'm just thinking aloud, isn't thinking allowed?</span><br>=====================================================================<br>Trashige Kurzfilme: <a href='http://www.myspace.com/doggysmilepictures' target='_blank'>www.myspace.com/doggysmilepictures</a> (der "Metal Man" ist endlich online!)<br>Kultige Schallplatten: <a href='http://www.myspace.com/metalcovenrecords' target='_blank'>www.myspace.com/metalcovenrecords</a> (die neue Axewielder kommt bald!)
Johnny_Cool
METAL GOD

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 15. Juni 2008, 11:08

Johnny_Cool hat geschrieben: Lächerlich... für Phil würd ich jederzeit meine Hand ins Feuer legen und dass Tim sich (mal wieder) als Drama Queen aufspielt wird langsam irgendwie zum Running Gag. Worüber beschwert er sich denn, wenn die CDs und LPs ausverkauft sind, dann hat er seine Kohle doch 10x wieder drinnen.

Und wo sind denn die hunderte oder tausende Dollar die er immer fĂĽr Promotion ausgibt. Ich hab bisher weder 'ne Blood Ceremony noch 'ne Hour Of 13 noch sonstwas Anzeige irgendwo gesehen... aber egal...

Und warum lässt er bitte hunderte zusätzliche Cover herstellen und stellt die Songs bei ITunes zum Download bereit OHNE dass er die Rechte dafür hat oder die Band vorher nach ihrer Meinung dazu gefragt hat?

Tut mir leid, aber inzwischen kann man ja schon förmlich die Uhr danach stellen, wann Tim sich mal wieder über's Ohr gehauen und ungerecht behandelt fühlt, der sollte einfach mal den Ball ein bisschen flacher halten...

Absolut. 100% Zustimmung.
Tim soll bloß mal nicht den Mund so weit aufreißen. Da stehen noch ganz andere Geschichten im Raum, die er mit keinem Wort erwähnt. Genauso lächerlich ist der Boykott-Aufruf. Tausend von Dollars für Promotion? Lächerlich.

Wenn eine Person wirklich Underground ist und das konsequent und schon seit den frĂĽhen 80ern, dann ist das Phil Swanson.
Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to gust … wolde ye swynke me thilke wys?
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 15. Juni 2008, 11:34

Es ist wirklich schade, dass es auch im Underground immer wieder Grabenkämpfe und Diffamierungen geben muss, ist ja nicht nur bei Labels und Bands so, dass man immer wieder mit Anfeindungen kämpfen muss.
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Rantanplan » 15. Juni 2008, 11:35

Welche Geschichten stehen da denn noch in den Raum?
Rantanplan

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 15. Juni 2008, 11:36

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben: Es ist wirklich schade, dass es auch im Underground immer wieder Grabenkämpfe und Diffamierungen geben muss, ist ja nicht nur bei Labels und Bands so, dass man immer wieder mit Anfeindungen kämpfen muss.

Zum GlĂĽck hast Du mit dem Keep it True keine solchen Probleme... :lol:
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 15. Juni 2008, 11:38

Rantanplan hat geschrieben: Welche Geschichten stehen da denn noch in den Raum?

Ich werde mich nicht einmischen.
Aber ich hoffe, dass Phil selbst sich schnellstmöglich dazu äußert, bevor die Front zu hart wird.
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

Beitragvon Oliver/Keep-It-True » 15. Juni 2008, 11:38

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben: Es ist wirklich schade, dass es auch im Underground immer wieder Grabenkämpfe und Diffamierungen geben muss, ist ja nicht nur bei Labels und Bands so, dass man immer wieder mit Anfeindungen kämpfen muss.

Ich erzähl gleich mal ein paar Geschichten über die Abzockerpraktiken von IRON KODEX.... :lol:
"Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
Bild
Oliver/Keep-It-True
Barbar

Beitragvon Goatstorm » 15. Juni 2008, 11:39

Oliver/Keep-It-True hat geschrieben:

Ich erzähl gleich mal ein paar Geschichten über die Abzockerpraktiken von IRON KODEX.... :lol:

Nicht!!!

Wir Zecken mĂĽssen doch zusammenhalten.
Goatstorm
Poster der Woche

VorherigeNächste

ZurĂĽck zu AnkĂĽndigung / News